Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
32 fountain  center of gravity >

32 fountain center of gravity

Notices

32 fountain center of gravity

Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

George, what did you do with your Bravo's? I am pushing 800 h.p a side with my 1:36 bravos with no issues. Drew Marine had mine set up and were spinning 6500 R.P.M with 950 h.p at it. Drew and the Bravo Shop have a few secrets on how to keep these bravos alive while keeping your wallet afloat. Heat is what kills outdrives. I recommend investing in Drew's "COOL SWIRL" drive oil cooler. This drops your drive temp substantially. Until you speak with Rik about getting a set of Arnason's, any bravo style X,XZ,XR will fail when abused.
Just my 2 cents
Old 12-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the bravo one drives in my garage, for sale. I plan to build boxes to ship them. I will look into the COOL SWIRL. thanks for the tip.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Wow, you are not messing around

To give you an idea my stock 575scis (supercharged) push my 2004 38 ft to 88 mph every summer day, and an all time high of 92.7mph on that cool fun run we did last fall. I spin 32 p 4 blades at 5150 summer air and 5350 fall/spring temps. I don't think your 30 will be enough unless your engines want to run in the upper 5000's. Your boat dialed in with 600hp a side might hit triple digits

I would take that bow weight out before testing in the spring. If you are stepped bottom the increase in speed will cause even more stern lift, with the additional weight you have put up front you may have some bow steer handling issues at speed, which would not be fun.

I'm assuming you are replacing the exhaust with something high performance? That should relieve the transom of about 200 lbs.
+1
If you want weight up front to keep your boat level while off plane put a fat sac up front. You pump water in and out as needed, wakeboard boats use them, not sure you will want to carry the extra weight while at speed. Should be a rocket for sure!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I Will remove all the wt. With the new motors +drives. I will see where the rubrail is above the the water line and how she handles and go from there.I thinking about gibson turndowns. With a 1" hole above the water line to vent the tubes and give a little exhaust rumble offplane.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

The upgrade list sounds great, enjoy hearing about these projects and can't wait to see it RUN !

Turndowns are a great option for noise, slide them on to run quiet then slip them off to let her sing.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLUEMAGIC
George, what did you do with your Bravo's? I am pushing 800 h.p a side with my 1:36 bravos with no issues. Drew Marine had mine set up and were spinning 6500 R.P.M with 950 h.p at it. Drew and the Bravo Shop have a few secrets on how to keep these bravos alive while keeping your wallet afloat. Heat is what kills outdrives. I recommend investing in Drew's "COOL SWIRL" drive oil cooler. This drops your drive temp substantially. Until you speak with Rik about getting a set of Arnason's, any bravo style X,XZ,XR will fail when abused.
Just my 2 cents
I have twin 800hp@5300 800ft/# at 3600 in my 99 32. still don't know how fast it is because the bravos will fail! Killed one last year at 3000rpm. These are upgraded with 1.25 prop shafts, upgraded verticle shafts big u-joints. Can't put scx's on because they weigh too much.Twin 600's achieving triple digits? not even close especially with added weight in the boat. Oh yeah arneson's only 25k a piece. Would never spend money like this again on a boat not meant for it. If you want to spend money and go faster you are better off buying a different boat.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by grapeape93
I have twin 800hp@5300 800ft/# at 3600 in my 99 32. still don't know how fast it is because the bravos will fail! Killed one last year at 3000rpm. These are upgraded with 1.25 prop shafts, upgraded verticle shafts big u-joints. Can't put scx's on because they weigh too much.Twin 600's achieving triple digits? not even close especially with added weight in the boat. Oh yeah arneson's only 25k a piece. Would never spend money like this again on a boat not meant for it. If you want to spend money and go faster you are better off buying a different boat.
All the wt up front is comming out. I decided i wanted blue motors. I started out buying a pair of hp500 and run my bravo one's. That did not work out. I did buy two hp500 with HP closer to 600. I bought them. A fresh set of bravo XR's came for sale on oso , bought them. I know that this boat hull was not designed to run 90-100. At times 78 is way two fast with my 502/415. I dont think it would run a 100 with that set up. I hope to cruise @75 and mabey hit 90 every once in a while.

Last edited by glen george; 12-20-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered

Default Upgrades

Grapeape93, As its said "the faster you go the faster it breaks" goes hand in hand with how people drive there boats. My fountain has been specifically set up for big power from day one on the west coast. Transom cut for high, X dimention, Drives built with the best components of its day from Drew.Turning a 1:36 ratio i cruise at 70(not even working my motors) while my buddies are stressing there stuff out to keep up. My deck has been reinforced with new stringers along with the gunnels having horizental stringers added. My cockpit has been moved 14 inches toward the stern making it a corvette cockpit with an extra long beak. The entire boat has been striped and put back together making it ultamitly "ROCK SOLID". The fiberglass came out prestine, looks like a true race boat. Most fountains have the wnidsheilds in the center on the boat leaving a huge cockpit (half the boat!!) Nothing beats the look of a short cockpit leaving a loong, sleek beak in the sunset. It just looks like its pulling 100 mph on the trailer. All with only 8 HOURS ON THE BOAT!! As many of you know this is 2112's previous fountain. There is not another Fountain out there built to this standared. Drew from "Drew marine" knows this boat personally and calls it the best Fountain built("Bullet Proof") As stated about the time and money invested inorder to go fast I agree with your oppinion. Unless your going in head first with big cubic inches 588,632 etc, best components money can buy, i feel the money spent doing upgrades to only obtain 600 horse is almost a waist.(You don't pay much you don"t get much). Spending thousands to gain 8 or mabe 10 mph doesnt make sense. If you want to go fast bite the bullet and get fresh BIG CUBIC INCHES with big reliable horsepower 750, 800 etc. (THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT) a wise saying my engine builder once told me . With that being said i beleive its better to just run these boats with the factory power and enjoy them. Fountain offers a great hull and with factory power you are going to be much faster than the majority of the boats out there. A far as I am concerned with investing in upgrades its a "GO BIG OR GO HOME" sport.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUEMAGIC
Grapeape93, As its said "the faster you go the faster it breaks" goes hand in hand with how people drive there boats. My fountain has been specifically set up for big power from day one on the west coast. Transom cut for high, X dimention, Drives built with the best components of its day from Drew.Turning a 1:36 ratio i cruise at 70(not even working my motors) while my buddies are stressing there stuff out to keep up. My deck has been reinforced with new stringers along with the gunnels having horizental stringers added. My cockpit has been moved 14 inches toward the stern making it a corvette cockpit with an extra long beak. The entire boat has been striped and put back together making it ultamitly "ROCK SOLID". The fiberglass came out prestine, looks like a true race boat. Most fountains have the wnidsheilds in the center on the boat leaving a huge cockpit (half the boat!!) Nothing beats the look of a short cockpit leaving a loong, sleek beak in the sunset. It just looks like its pulling 100 mph on the trailer. All with only 8 HOURS ON THE BOAT!! As many of you know this is 2112's previous fountain. There is not another Fountain out there built to this standared. Drew from "Drew marine" knows this boat personally and calls it the best Fountain built("Bullet Proof") As stated about the time and money invested inorder to go fast I agree with your oppinion. Unless your going in head first with big cubic inches 588,632 etc, best components money can buy, i feel the money spent doing upgrades to only obtain 600 horse is almost a waist.(You don't pay much you don"t get much). Spending thousands to gain 8 or mabe 10 mph doesnt make sense. If you want to go fast bite the bullet and get fresh BIG CUBIC INCHES with big reliable horsepower 750, 800 etc. (THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT) a wise saying my engine builder once told me . With that being said i beleive its better to just run these boats with the factory power and enjoy them. Fountain offers a great hull and with factory power you are going to be much faster than the majority of the boats out there. A far as I am concerned with investing in upgrades its a "GO BIG OR GO HOME" sport.
Would still like to see a picture of that boat.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I saw it summer 2012 onieda lke ny. The beak sit way up. No way to look over the bow off plane. Dark blus. Sounds mean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.