Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
32 fever or 35 lightning >

32 fever or 35 lightning

Notices

32 fever or 35 lightning

Old 07-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both great boats, I was torn between both. Dont regret going bigger in a year from now like we all have done before. Both fast hulls, both great looks, and if engine bay tightness is an issue then STAY THE HELL OUT OF BOATING!!! because I have yet to be in a comfortable enine compartment yet!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both engine compartments are made for Umpa Loompas so don't let that decide for you... the 35 definately rides better and I would doubt the 32 is faster as the stepped bottom gains are noticeable. If you buy the 32 you will wish you bought the 35 and if you buy the 35 you will wish it was a 38... buy the 38 and you will REALLY wish it was a 42 etc... I have had a 35 and a 42 so I have a little experience so buy all you can afford and then borrow another 15k because you will be glad you did!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Owned a 2000 32, and a 2000 35. I know, not apples to apples, but......

Our 32 had 500 hp, carb motors ran 83 mph. Boat handled ok, had a tendancy to not fly level and landed stern first, if you ever lauched it by accident. Cockpit on 32 was just a little bigger than our 27. Cabin was a bit larger and taller.
No walk around on deck, as said, if you do anchor, you will find yourself dropping the anchor over the side of the cocpit and tying it off the side cleat, instead of stepping on the passenger handle and climbing over the windshield to tie off on the bow cleat. Same when tying up to a dock.
32 had what was to me an annoying problem. When idleing out of the marina, the exhaust would get trapped under the swim platform, because the stern set so low, and cause vibrations that would shake the boat. We had silent choice, and if I used that it was not as bad.
35 had 500 efi's and ran 88 mph on liquid filled speedo. Walk around made anchoring, and trying up much more manageable, boat flew level when launched. The 35 rode better in rougher water seemed to be better balanced. Cabin on 35 was bigger than the 32. 2000 was the year they came out with the Lightning model, and the cockpit was redesigned, so its not really fair to compare them to the boats you are looking at.
Over all I liked both boats, both ran great. My choice would be the 35 over the 32.