Fountain boat covers

Notices

Fountain boat covers

Old 07-15-2012, 06:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fountain boat covers

Anyone know if Fountain provided covers for their delivered boats? Or did some dealers supply covers? I would like to buy the same cover ,but am not sure of the material. Thanks
Old 07-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe they came with cockpit covers. Mine is Sunbrella. It is not original but a very nice product.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default 09 42 cover

Thanks Wes; I have sunbrella for my 35 and while it is good,I was impressed w/the quality of what I believe is the original cover for the 09 42.Am now trying to find the mfg of this original cover. It has
re-inforcing in the snap area,and also a very soft almost velvety underside.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Registered

I gave up on finding a cover and just had a local awning company custom build one. That way you can pick the material you want and color. They were still able to use the original snaps that were already on the boat.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

probably just a cock pit cover. But personally if they did offer it you would pay double just because fountain had it made and had their logo on it..

I wasnt going to trailer mine so I got one from here http://www.discountboatcover.com/Pro...de=CC%2D74327P

free shiiping, straps and bag. Its a carver cover and was the cheapest I could find with a 3 or 5 year warranty. Its a semi custom fit they say its trailerable but IDK and like I said I dont like to trailer with covers anyways. Personally its just there to keep the water and sun out. Mine comes down past the rub rail about a foot. Had it on for 2 years now and still works great.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default fountain cover

Thanks Guys for the information,I really appreciate it.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Gail @ Fountain

Thank You [email protected] helped by identifying my cover as "Stamoid" .A mole skin vinyl fabric made in Switzerland..It looks great .Thanks again Gail
Old 07-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Farquar
Anyone know if Fountain provided covers for their delivered boats? Or did some dealers supply covers? I would like to buy the same cover ,but am not sure of the material. Thanks
I have had many fountains, and each time it came with a high quality cockpit cover only. They made them in house.

I have always bought the Carrie Covers for each of my boats, that are very light weight, and easy to apply ( cannot tow with it)> They work great in storage, on the dock or the trailer>

I have them for my 47 Fountain, 38CC, and not for the 30 Fountain SVL.
There is a great towing cover that is bulky, but when I apply to a clean waxed boat, and haul it across the country to a race event, and uncover it,,, it is prestine,,, ( they cost about $500 +/-)

Good Luck
Attached Thumbnails Fountain boat covers-imag0649.jpg   Fountain boat covers-imag0650.jpg   Fountain boat covers-watch-your-back-2011-2-.jpg