Help with a staggered question >

Help with a staggered question

Notices

Help with a staggered question

Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a staggered question

I thought I would post this here in the fountain section since I know there were several fountains built with a staggered setup and Brovo style dives. I tried posting in the q and a section with few responses.

I am hoping you guys could measure from the inside of the transom to the most forward point on the forward engine and post your results.

I am hoping to go staggered but curious to see what the space requirement is.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts

Which boat and what year? There are staggered setups in the 35, 38, and 42 and some are full stagger and some are 1/2 stagger. Each one will have a different dimension.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by techman
Which boat and what year? There are staggered setups in the 35, 38, and 42 and some are full stagger and some are 1/2 stagger. Each one will have a different dimension.
I'm looking to do a short stagger setup. It doesn't matter really the length just looking for a ballpark number.

I have some numbers from guys that are short staggered and running number 6's but they use up more room with a trans.

Jason
Old 08-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Nobody runs a staggered Fountain? JUst need a quick measurement.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered

i will get u it tomorrow its pouring down rain and not opening the hatches lol will post some tomorrow for you
Old 08-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered

ok from the transom inside engine compartment to front pulley on motor is 6ft8 inches now u could slide the front motor back about 6 or 8 inches so total would be around 6 ft from transom to front on forward engine this is on my 42 lightning with 500 efi and the drive are very close together also compared to other boats with side by side motors just something to think about unless your going to do a new transom cut fresh holes and run it like a fountain if you need anything else just ask hope this helps you out
Old 08-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikesystem01
ok from the transom inside engine compartment to front pulley on motor is 6ft8 inches now u could slide the front motor back about 6 or 8 inches so total would be around 6 ft from transom to front on forward engine this is on my 42 lightning with 500 efi and the drive are very close together also compared to other boats with side by side motors just something to think about unless your going to do a new transom cut fresh holes and run it like a fountain if you need anything else just ask hope this helps you out
Great, Thank you. Couple questions; what is the crankshaft centerline? Is this a bravo boat (no trans)? Are they blower motors? Thanks for the info this very much appreciated.

Thanks again
Old 08-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jason3603
Great, Thank you. Couple questions; what is the crankshaft centerline? Is this a bravo boat (no trans)? Are they blower motors? Thanks for the info this very much appreciated.

Thanks again
yes its a bravo boat NO TRANS and NO BLOWERS center of crank bolt to center or drive shaft is 23 inches its too hard to measure crank to crank from stag set up need a big framing square to do that
Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikesystem01
yes its a bravo boat NO TRANS and NO BLOWERS center of crank bolt to center or drive shaft is 23 inches its too hard to measure crank to crank from stag set up need a big framing square to do that
Thank you thats close enough.