Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Port side bilge pump >

Port side bilge pump

Notices

Port side bilge pump

Old 08-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about it a long time when mine went out. I pulled the port motor and replaced both pumps at the same time. Replaced plugs on both engines also. I believe I had it out and back in quicker than I could of put my fat ass in the bilge and wrestled them out.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Registered

My port pump is on a auto switch like all of yours is im sure. This past weekend the switch got stuck on and I could not get it to turn off. Same as all of you guys I could get to it. What a piss poor place to put the bilige pump. You would have thought it would be in fron of the engines where you could reach them. They will be after I pull my engines.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered

Seriously, when I did this on the 32 I had it only took about 1 1/2 hours to replace. No pulling manifolds or engines. The pumps need to be all the way back there at the lowest point, otherwise you'd always have about 4" of water in the bilge. When putting the rear screws back in you can also use tape to hold the screw on the phillips bit. see instructions from page 1, don't let 4 screws kick your butt
Old 09-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Registered

Thank you. I can see where that could work out. I will sure as hell try it. I have enough extentions to lose at least three set under the engine too. Seriously thanks for the feed back.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I unhook the wires and slide the trim pumps up off their mounts and lay them over the rear seat back , be careful not to twist the hyd hoses, and that was enough room that allows me to lay down in front of the motors to reach under them. Works for me, your size may say otherwise
Old 09-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Wes Burmark
My port pump goes on, so I know the float works and kicks in, but it doesn't pump water and runs until I pull the outside plugs to drain the water or suck it out with my oil pump kit. Any ideas?
check the pumpout hose before removing the bilge pump, hose may be plugged, mine was same deal, hose was plugged.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Registered

oooops, forgot to mention what US1 said. remove trim pumps, just be careful, don't let the pumps lean over or you'll have a huge mess