88 8.8 meter (spitfire) help

Notices

88 8.8 meter (spitfire) help

Old 08-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 8.8 meter (spitfire) help

hey guys i'm looking at purchasing a 1988 8.8meter spitfire edition. I dont know an awful lot about fountains so i thought I might get some input before spending the money. from what i can tell the boat is about the same as the same year fever, it measures 29'9" and has the original 330 hp 454's with trs drives. it's in decent shape but needs a little TLC. im going from a single 25 footer so this seems to be a good step up in size but not to much. im just wondering if anyone here is familiar with this model or similar size and year fountain. I figure top speed will be in the low 60's which is fine for a while but what change might the boat respond to the best to gain a little in the future? any input would be much appreciated. Maybe how the boat handles and rides,what it might be worth ect.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Registered

I have an 88 fever with the same 330/trs setup and we love it. its a good riding boat and very stable in rough water. I run 62 mph @ 5000rpms. I have had mine for 2 years so if you have any specific questions let me know.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Registered

Default spitfire

I have one for sale. Pm me if interested. Completely redone this year. 83.7mph on GPS.