Old 08-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KWright
On the front of your thermostat housing you have
4 hoses that go to your exhaust manifold. The two
That come out just over the hose that comes from
Your water pump, pull them off and check to make
sure the check balls are not stuck open.
Thanks alot, already checked that. No balls in the housing. I assume this is factory?? Anyway seems as tho it has always been that way, but have never checked this untill started having problems.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Broomes Isle Joe
you might want to check the fitting for the drive water hose, you need to pull the feed hose for the rwp off of the transom fitting remove the 2 -7/16 head screws that attach the black plastic water outlet to the transom plate[behind motor] and inspect the water hose fitting have seen quite a few corrode close restricting water supply
I'll check it. Maybe some type of restriction there. Never thought of that. Boat was always run in fresh water untill end of last season when I bought it. Everytime I run it I flush it for 15 min. on the hose. I will still check it out tho. Thanks
Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered

the hose is held in with an internal plastic cone shaped fitting ,that collapses from corrosion , most fountains have a ball valve shutting the water off to the drive when flushing so unless you let the water run before closing the valve your not flushing the transom,just the engine, probably not your problem though if the boats only been in the salt for 1 year
Old 08-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Broomes Isle Joe
the hose is held in with an internal plastic cone shaped fitting ,that collapses from corrosion , most fountains have a ball valve shutting the water off to the drive when flushing so unless you let the water run before closing the valve your not flushing the transom,just the engine, probably not your problem though if the boats only been in the salt for 1 year

Any other things I should check? Thanks
Old 08-23-2012, 03:03 AM
Registered

Default lower unit

see if the water inlet top 3 holes have plugs in them.....mine does so when the boat gets up to speed the top holes come out of the water suckin air....just a suggestion if not call bill schuemaker at 317-862-3919