Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Upolstrey Work or Magic+ >

Upolstrey Work or Magic+

Notices

Upolstrey Work or Magic+

Old 09-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Fountain today but got voice mail. Left a message and no one called me back yet. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm calling the custmer service number from the web site. Is this the number everyone else is useing. I have left a message before and heard nothing back. Then called back to see about cock pit carpit. The lady told me she would call me back about it and I'm still waiting for that call.I ened up buying my carpit from Spinletto on this site instead.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered

I have been going back and forth with the factory since late Spring. I finally sent out e-mails in mid-August and again this Monday (patience ... or stupidity?) asking if "it" wasn't going to happen ... I would really like to get the OEM work done for my 38, but I think the factory is skeleton crewed at best and I don't want to get hung out and then be told it cannot be done. I have e-mails with Carol Price and Tony McCloud at Fountain- started out with Tony Vick before he left!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Registered

There are two ways to get a logo on the sunpad. The cheapest is by impregnating the material with ink. It is cheaper and will look nice but only has a 5 - 7 year lifespan depending on how you take care of it. The good part is there is less stiching = less holes = less chance of messing it up by standing on it a lot and less water intrusion into the pad. The more expensive route is what you see in the photo above - the logo is incorporated into the pattern and stichted together. It takes many more man hours to do it hence the cost. The good is it will last longer. The drawback is that it you have more stitching and more holes as indicated above.

I do not know anything about this but have a buddy that does it so I had to ask how hard it was and how you do it. He used the impregnation method on his formula and it looked new 4 years later. He also did a sunpad for another friend with a 24 Baha and stitched the "24" into the sunpad with material. I have seen them both and visually they both have their pluses and minuses.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call dave at xt innovations 419-562-1989
Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Registered

I ordered a new full logo 38 sunpad from Gail a few weeks ago. $1750 and two weeks later I received it. Had it installed and it is perfect. It will last and last and all the colors match perfect to older interior pieces (red!). Fax her with the order. She will respond.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Registered

Ok ordered the sun pad from Fountain. They are doing the whole pad for $1000.00 turn around time is 2 weeks
Old 09-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
Ok ordered the sun pad from Fountain. They are doing the whole pad for $1000.00 turn around time is 2 weeks
what number did you call?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Registered

I finally got set with Fountain. I put my interior guy with the factory interior guy. The factory guy is going to make my skins with the logo and the size of the boat threw it like we talked about. My guy is going to do the wood and the foam. Fountain is charging me $700.00 for the skins with the logo's and the turn around is two weeks.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Registered

I, too, am dialed in with the factory on my hatch and the top cap for my race fairing. Gail is super cool and I cannot wait to get this project over with so people can start tearing up the new one upholstery!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Registered

Sorry I thought I had put the phone number up for Fountain. 252-975-1132. Hope this helps