Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Left hand throttle- Adjustment time? >

Left hand throttle- Adjustment time?

Notices

Left hand throttle- Adjustment time?

Old 09-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Left hand throttle- Adjustment time?

Seriously thinking about a Fountain. How much and how long of an adjustment did it take some of you to take to the left hand throttle/ tabs/ drives?
Old 09-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
Seriously thinking about a Fountain. How much and how long of an adjustment did it take some of you to take to the left hand throttle/ tabs/ drives?
Took me half a day, funny thing is right side now seem awkward. It is really a non issue

IMO you it takes more time adjusting to the drive switches and indicators beign upside down than it does the controls on the left.

Be aware if the engine is at idle and you are not at the helm the sticks are open to others inside the boat (clutz, kids dumb girls) so make sure they know to stay away
Old 09-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Took me half a day, funny thing is right side now seem awkward. It is really a non issue

IMO you it takes more time adjusting to the drive switches and indicators beign upside down than it does the controls on the left.

Be aware if the engine is at idle and you are not at the helm the sticks are open to others inside the boat (clutz, kids dumb girls) so make sure they know to stay away
+1 took no time and I really don't know if I would want to go back.

I also like the shift-throttle-throttle-shift arrangement, it makes docking a breeze.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no issues at all, handled fine with my first drive of the boat. Like the others, would not want to go back.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like the others have said, it didn't take much time at all for me to get the hang of it either. Throttling with the left will seem normal before you know it.

What year/size range of a Fountain are you thinking about?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastVee
Like the others have said, it didn't take much time at all for me to get the hang of it either. Throttling with the left will seem normal before you know it.

What year/size range of a Fountain are you thinking about?
It's an 88 29ft. I know it is an oldie but it looks to be in great shape with some newer features and extras.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was my first year with mine it took about 10 minutes and now it's second nature...
Old 09-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Registered

It seems natural, it is different at first, but in no time at all it become natural. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
one day and you will like it better. I feel weird now in my other boat.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

I would rather steer with my right hand. Left throttle is great but they should be up higher in the back.so you can push forward instead of basically lifting up. JOHN SR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.