47 Owners...... >

47 Owners......

Notices

47 Owners......

Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 47 Owners......

Looking for any pro/con(s) on your 47, We are looking at an 06 with 1075's and not 100% sure we want to go this big. Always wanted a 47 but it is a ton of boat. Fill us in please, and Thanks.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

if money is no object... NICE BOAT TO OWN !!!

really like the handling, the roar of triple (in my case but twin 1000 + should sound great too!) one of the only speed boat you can stand up in cabin, have most or many of the amenities of a cruiser, plus speed...

but is is big! to pull , to park at the dock, not all docks in my area can fit this size boat as visitor in a marina... but again, nice piece to own! I had it listed here on oso for 189k, 2006 triple 525's
Old 10-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great boat. I'll probably keep it for ever. Enough room for a comfortable weekend. Air is nice, even in Canada.
Not that expensive when you slowdown a bit. Still looks great putting down the lake.

I too have many problems finding dock space. I have 5 marinas locally and have been waiting for the last 2 years to get a slip. I need to launch each time I want to go out and it's a bit much for a couple of hours on the lake.
Fit and finish is excellent. Lots of space in engine room, compared to other models. Great hull, pristine finish.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go for it!! The newer 47s 2006 and newer are probably one of the coolest and biggest go fast boats. It is much bigger in the cockpit than any of the other Fountain sportsboats. I have Fountain customers that fill them up with people and fuel and go fast!! 17 persons + 1000 litres of fuel and triple 525s and got it up to 82 mph. at a stable worry free ride. I did not like it for safety reasons (too much weight), but after I joined that ride in a poker run, I was not that worried any more as it was trouble free. Good luck on your 47 Lightning with 1075 purchase!! Post many pictures so we can see it!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

We had a 47 and loved it, I trailer and it's a bit much to pull around with a 3/4 ton. Hard to beat the ride/speed and lay out on the 47.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I loved my 47! Would buy one again!