Battery Boxes >

Battery Boxes

Notices

Battery Boxes

Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Boxes

I have a 29 fountain fever that has (2) 24 series battery however the boxes are slightly bigger to hold 27 series batteries. I want to buy billett aluminum battery boxes. Shoud I buy 24 series so it exactly fits my batteries or should I buy the bigger ones? My batteries are brand new.

Thanks

Ronnie
Old 11-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You will probably get mixed responses but I say get the 27 group boxes, put your new 24s in them. When they go out, buy 27 group batteries.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keegan
You will probably get mixed responses but I say get the 27 group boxes, put your new 24s in them. When they go out, buy 27 group batteries.
What are the disadvantages for having the 24's? By the way I have only one engine and I do plan on doing a little stereo work.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd put the one battery on an isolator or switch to that battery when your engine is off and you are using that killer stereo. The group 27 has about 20 additional amp hours over the group 24.