Help Needed Fountain 48 EC >

Help Needed Fountain 48 EC

Notices

Help Needed Fountain 48 EC

Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed Fountain 48 EC

HI there, just bought a 2006 EC with Triple Yanmars and can't seem to get it on the plane, have tried tabs and all settings below 3 on the drives. At 1750 RPM I should be doing above 20 knots but am doing 9.5. Any suggestions??
Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craighu
HI there, just bought a 2006 EC with Triple Yanmars and can't seem to get it on the plane, have tried tabs and all settings below 3 on the drives. At 1750 RPM I should be doing above 20 knots but am doing 9.5. Any suggestions??

Do an even trade for my 47' and problem solved
Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't make sense. The boat should do mid 60s....
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wes Burmark
We did another run and noticed that the boost on the centre Diesel was zero and couldn't be pushed past 1950 Revs, the other two appeared fine. I would have thought two engines and a 500KG ballast with some output would have still pushed the boat at 15-18 knots but the boat just sat up with a huge rooster tail but going no where fast.. Will look at air and boost on the centre engine and see where we go from there..
Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wes Burmark
That boat will run at least 60, so yes you have major problems somewhere... probably not good to keep running it until you get it diagnosed by a diesel mech
Old 05-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Registered

Fibnally Fixed and you wouldn't believe it!!

Originally Posted by breakitout
That boat will run at least 60, so yes you have major problems somewhere... probably not good to keep running it until you get it diagnosed by a diesel mech
After having all parts of my engine being pulled apart and bits replaced and all heat exchangrs/fluids changed with no change in results, I was out on the water a few months ago and saw a marine garage up near Manama (Capital of Bahrain) where I have never been before and my mate suggested I speak to them, the techie and his boss came out in there boat and asked me to start my engine , straight away he saw the problem (Air in the water flow which upsets temp), he said we will have to take the boat out which we we did and he fixed something in 2 hrs that no one else thought of despite my protests to say that the problem is on the inlet side and not the engine.. Turned out that when he pulled the pipes apart for the port engine they were 40% barnacled close, so with a bit of acid he dissolved them and same for the Stbd engine.

So if any of you see water on the inlet side and your boat has been sitting for a while , pull it out and this may be the cause!!