2006 Lightning 38 stereo help >

2006 Lightning 38 stereo help

Notices

2006 Lightning 38 stereo help

Old 03-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Lightning 38 stereo help

Hey guys. Routing wire from head unit in cabin to side dash for wired remote. Thought there was hole under dash..no such luck. Anyone ever do this? What do I remove to get access and fish wires through? Where's the main wiring? Nothing under step in the cabin either. Thx
Old 04-01-2013, 01:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Viperchad
Hey guys. Routing wire from head unit in cabin to side dash for wired remote. Thought there was hole under dash..no such luck. Anyone ever do this? What do I remove to get access and fish wires through? Where's the main wiring? Nothing under step in the cabin either. Thx
Not sure how the newer fountains are, but in my 98 32', you can unscrew the cover inside the cuddy, behind the cuddy door. It has 12-ish covered screws, pull the staples out of the vinyl, if you have a staple gun to put then back in, and you'll probably find a hole already drilled. Mine has power wires for the stereo, sink, and cabin lights running to the cabin power switch on the gunwale at the right of the helm. All that being said, the wires run ABOVE the cabin step after you remove the interior cover. My stereo amps are mounted in the driver's side footwell, and yours may be in a different location, but that's how I ran mine with the holes already drilled.
I hope this gets you headed in the right direction.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

I removed both side panels and went from one gunwhale to the other, on top of the fuel tanks with a fish tape. The passengers side gunwhale gives access to the stereo wiring.

There are some wires on mine going through that wall behind the dash to power the compass and signal the depth finder in the cabin bilge. However it looked far more complicated so I just went my route.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dont know if you have the head hooked up yet but if you have the amp in the cabin, the groun wire is going to have to be like a 0 or 00 or the stereo wont work.

But as for what you are doing, can you go up and above the head liner and drill a hole beind the dash?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Registered

Already have head unit powered up and working. Will try taking off panel. Hopefully it's not a big PITA
Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Registered

Already have head unit powered up and working. Will try taking off panel. Hopefully it's not a big PITA
hey if its sunny and 60 I may put in do a shake done run
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Registered

Would love to bobby. No props. Marina is closed sat and boat is locked inside. Still new to do both impellers. Doesn't look good for me
Old 04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Registered

Well I've tried just about everything. Took the interior trim panels off under the dash along the side....in the head on the back wall....in the hallway around the head door and even around the cabin doors. NOTHING NADDA ZIP ZERO. No access to anything!!! I can stick my head on the storage slider by the back seat and see that the old wired remote was wired in and zip tied from the factory. Wires all seem to dive around a corner and behind the dash...but no access to that point from under the dash and no access underneath...What the hell is the deal? Tired of taking this boat apart...and now I have a 2' hole where the old remote was. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I've tried just about everything. Took the interior trim panels off under the dash along the side....in the head on the back wall....in the hallway around the head door and even around the cabin doors. NOTHING NADDA ZIP ZERO. No access to anything!!! I can stick my head on the storage slider by the back seat and see that the old wired remote was wired in and zip tied from the factory. Wires all seem to dive around a corner and behind the dash...but no access to that point from under the dash and no access underneath...What the hell is the deal? Tired of taking this boat apart...and now I have a 2' hole where the old remote was. Does anyone have any ideas?
Remove the lower leg of the bolster, then remove the side panel that has the sliding door. With that panel off you can fit you whole body in the gun whale area. You can then fish the wire to the other side over the fuel tanks like I told you in an earlier post. I have had my boat stripped to nothing, I wouldn't lie to you...that is where the wires are ran.

Also The back wall of the bathroom behind the toilet, but you will have to cut the vinyl wall in the bathroom and fish across the headliner. Would be a very difficult task

Last edited by 4bus; 04-07-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Remove the lower leg of the bolster, then remove the side panel that has the sliding door. With that panel off you can fit you whole body in the gun whale area. You can then fish the wire to the other side over the fuel tanks like I told you in an earlier post. I have had my boat stripped to nothing, I wouldn't lie to you...that is where the wires are ran.

Also The back wall of the bathroom behind the toilet, but you will have to cut the vinyl wall in the bathroom and fish across the headliner. Would be a very difficult task
I attempted to do so but I cannot get the panel off without unbolting the driver bolster! The damn plastic piece was put on before the seat and it keeps it from coming off!! Such a PITA. Wish I never would have started this stupid idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.