Engine Vent covers >

Engine Vent covers

Notices

Engine Vent covers

Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Vent covers

I'm looking for a set of vent covers for a 1996 32 fever. Anyone have or no of anyone who has a set of these they would sell. They don't have to be in perfect shape. I could have them redone. I have seen these in both black and white over the years. Let me know so.
Email. [email protected]
Office. 863-607-5621
Cell. 443-523-2802
Old 05-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Do you mean like these at this link?

http://us.binnacle.com/advanced_sear...=21&search.y=4

Those are the covers on the side of the engine hatch that fit on my boat. I have seen them in chrome as well here but the sizes are different-

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-14053...air-vents.aspx

Last edited by rgrgoog; 05-06-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Registered

Well similar they bigger though. If you pull up a 1996 32 fever and look right at the end of the windshield on the side you will see the ones I'm looking for. They look like they are made of fiberglass or resin or something along those lines. My kid had his friend strip and paint mine. Then supposedly they mailed them to me and I never got them. I have called Fountain and they can't get them and don't have any of them left. So I'm pretty much screwed. I don't really know what to do about it at this point. All I know is my boat looks like **** with out them. Let me know if you have any ideas please.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:41 AM
Registered

Lucky,
go to post #6 in the link below. I think this is what you are looking for. Maybe if you tell him your misfortune he will make you a set.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...lightning.html

Good luck......
Old 05-08-2013, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

No those are not what the early 32' used.

At this point I would say something will have to be made.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:50 AM
Registered

Well I'm not having a bit of luck finding these vent covers what so ever. So in other words lucky isn't so lucky this time. How about some ideas of what I could use that wouldn't like crap.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:38 AM
Registered

I would take a piece of cardboard and do a cutout of the vent that you need. I would look in your area for a shop with a CNC or water jet machine. You can take them your rough template to get an idea of what you need. If you had good pictures of the cutouts you could draw them on the template. Look for some stainless mesh to use as screens. If you use aluminum you can always have them powder coated.
If you cannot do that just cut you some out of plywood the shape that you want them. Then fiberglass over them, finish, sand, primer and paint. That will at least get you by until you find something else.
Just an idea for you..
Too bad you are not closer to Glassdave, I bet he could fab up you a set of some sort.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Registered

Great idea? Thank you. I do have pictures from when I tried to get new ones from Fountain. Thanks for giving me some hope. ManI was really depressed over this deal. I'm sure we could do something this way.