32 Fever actual hull length? >

32 Fever actual hull length?

Notices

32 Fever actual hull length?

Old 05-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 32 Fever actual hull length?

Does anyone know the actual hull length, not including swim platform, of a 32 Fever. I don't believe there is a difference in years but 1994, 95 is what I'm thinking of. I heard it is basically the original 29 with 3' of platform but would like to know.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

No it is not.
I have measured mine, 32' long swim is 2'.

I know everyone acts like fountain is the only one that Counts the swim but they are the same as other brands like Donzi, formula, Sunsation, etc.

Let alone the huge bustles on most boats like OL, MTI and such.

Only bolt on swims are not counted.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Pardon my confusion. Are you saying it is 32', beak to transom and then 2' for the swim platform = 34' or 32' including the 2' platform (30' + 2' platform = 32')?
Thanks!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered

Last one, 32 overall counting the 2' swim.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Registered

For that matter with a dual a el myco, boat plus trailer is just a tad over 35
Old 05-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tied up all weekend with my cousin's 29 Outlaw. We have almost exactly yhe same amout of boat in the water if that kinda answers your question.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txtraveller2002
I tied up all weekend with my cousin's 29 Outlaw. We have almost exactly yhe same amout of boat in the water if that kinda answers your question.
Do I really need to make the joke about how much more boat he has out of the water?

Just kidding. I know you're faster. I've owned both and am a fan of both for different reasons. I just like to beat a dead horse
Old 05-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_342
Do I really need to make the joke about how much more boat he has out of the water?

Just kidding. I know you're faster. I've owned both and am a fan of both for different reasons. I just like to beat a dead horse
I completely agree! I don't understand why everyone has to split hairs about it...different boats for different uses. Kinda like comparing a hi-po roadster to a hi-po GT car. Both fast, both capable, one is just a little faster, while the other has just a little more room. Just depends on what you want out of it as to what you end up buying. Plus, I got a SMOKING deal on mine, that was the biggest contributing factor as to what I ended up with.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Registered

Length that DOES SOMETHING VERY USEFUL is GOOD, even if it is not "wetted hull". Free your mind!!!

Personally I hate the cheap "monkeybar set swim platforms" some boats have. Looks bad, walking on them isn't as good or easy, and look at it...it's just a relatively cheap "add-on afterthought" instead of a properly integrated swim platform.
We ARE in the water after all. I suppose some people sit in their boats with a suitcoat and dress pants and don't want an integrated platform, and somehow think LACKING a proper integrated platform is some advantage.
ROFL, primitives

It's like performance/racing cars...losing weight is fine, but weight that DOES SOMETHING USEFUL is GOOD, not bad.
Like, "That STEERING WHEEL is sorta HEAVY, get rid of it!" Oh yeah, it has a PURPOSE, that is some weight that DOES SOMETHING USEFUL....like our cool looking, well designed, highly useful, non-crappy-looking Integrated Swim Platforms.

The aerodynamic lift provided by the signature Fountain "Beak" on the front is real at high speeds, and aids lift off water without having to trim the drives away from parallel with boat axis...makes it faster.
Not as good as aero lift of a catamaran hull, but it's REAL.
I suppose Barge Owners with pure rectangular boxes and near right angle to front and rear laugh at the non-Fountain Brand X boats without Fountain beaks but STILL with a pronounced pointy front end that they claim in their boats' lengths.

hehe
Old 05-31-2013, 09:35 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All comes down to what you're using it for. I have kids. Kids have friends that like to go boating. Kind of an SUV or sports car comparison. You can buy a Suburban or a Corvette for the same price. Just because I need a Suburban doesn't mean I compare it to a Corvette.