Engine hatch covers ....... >

Engine hatch covers .......

Notices

Engine hatch covers .......

Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine hatch covers .......

So after using a supposedly reputable guy local to do my hatch covers .....haha ....I could have done as good after a couple of adult beverages myself ... I ask you I've talked with fountain and they can make the skins ....I will be throwing my new ones in the trash... Has anyone gotten skins from fountain and are they as good as the factory covers ... I don't really trust my local guys anymore,thanks
Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINBOY27
So after using a supposedly reputable guy local to do my hatch covers .....haha ....I could have done as good after a couple of adult beverages myself ... I ask you I've talked with fountain and they can make the skins ....I will be throwing my new ones in the trash... Has anyone gotten skins from fountain and are they as good as the factory covers ... I don't really trust my local guys anymore,thanks
as i posted under my 32 thread I got skins from Fountain and they look great,,and the price was right..got them a couple of months ago..

Not sure what you mean when you say factory or getting them from fountain?I got mine from the fountain factory
Attached Thumbnails Engine hatch covers .......-exhaust.jpg  
Old 06-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

question for you guys... I have a 38L with the two hatches with the circle fountain logo on it. The stitching has come loose around the logo on the starboard hatch. Can that just be stitched or do I need to replace the whole skin?
Old 06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I had new skin made for the hatch on my old boat - and they did a great job. I also had them send me the foam, which was quite a bit different than the 2000 vintage. I'd suggest to get the new foam too - much more dense than previous.

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINBOY27
Old 06-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
I also had them send me the foam, which was quite a bit different than the 2000 vintage. I'd suggest to get the new foam too - much more dense than previous.
Yes I did the same....I would suggest that as well
Old 06-04-2013, 06:55 PM
DM
Registered
VIP Member

I was pleased with the Fountain skins
Attached Thumbnails Engine hatch covers .......-cimg2078-2-.jpg   Engine hatch covers .......-cimg2084-2-.jpg   Engine hatch covers .......-cimg2087-2-.jpg  

Engine hatch covers .......-cimg2086-2-.jpg  
Old 04-30-2021, 12:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
I had new skin made for the hatch on my old boat - and they did a great job. I also had them send me the foam, which was quite a bit different than the 2000 vintage. I'd suggest to get the new foam too - much more dense than previous.
How much does Fountain charge for new skins and foam? Is the wood backing on there too?
Old 04-30-2021, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Probably a bit more now than they did 8 years ago