Livorsi depth gauge >

Livorsi depth gauge

Notices

Livorsi depth gauge

Old 06-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Livorsi depth gauge

I just purchased a livorsi depth gauge and I have a 2000 32 fever the old depth sensor never worked and it was under the step and in the acess hole in the cabin for the life of me I cant get the new one to read unless I put the gauge right in the water I tried putting it in a bag of water and even tried grease but nothing any tips or another location I tried in the engine compartment a few places but I am either doing something wrong or its just not gonna work
Old 06-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 32 has it mounted in the starboard engine compartment see disk on the floor. It only works when im going very slow.
Attached Thumbnails Livorsi depth gauge-imgp2639.jpg  
Old 06-17-2013, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

on a step bottom boat it needs to be mounted in front of the steps,,,its not reading because its not epoxied in place..wont read throue air or wood
Old 06-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

I have the same one and mounted it in the stock location.

Works good up to about 30-35mph. Stock one never did work.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TOMMY22555
I just purchased a livorsi depth gauge and I have a 2000 32 fever the old depth sensor never worked and it was under the step and in the acess hole in the cabin for the life of me I cant get the new one to read unless I put the gauge right in the water I tried putting it in a bag of water and even tried grease but nothing any tips or another location I tried in the engine compartment a few places but I am either doing something wrong or its just not gonna work
have you tried sanding the area really good? Ur grease may have air in it. I think they say use petroleum jelly???? I just did mine and have to say it was a bit of a pain in the azz. Up to about 35-45 MPH it works great. Over that fahgetaboutit!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Registered

I will see whats going on this week and let you know

great looking engines there glen george
Old 06-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TOMMY22555
Hey one other thing to keep in mind and you may already be doing this but this is definitly and two person job to do the test with. It takes some pressure on the transducer to get the numbers to show up. Just setting the transducer in a bag of water or sitting it on some grease is not going to work.

That might be stating the obvious but you never know.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Registered

finally got the depth sensor to work under the front step in cabin where it was originally. it reads right up to about 50mph then it goes out thanks for all the help. after I sanded the area real good it worked.