Advice....  Buying a Fountain! >

Advice.... Buying a Fountain!

Notices

Advice.... Buying a Fountain!

Old 06-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402

In fact after checking boattrader and over 400 fountains cheapest one was 25k at 16 I would be pulling the trigger http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...ever-101837990
Well the 1998 looks like a good option, I can't see it til Tuesday but I am thinking we will pull the trigger on that one. It has low hours and looks like new from the pictures. I will keep ya posted.

I am still MAD about loosing that 91 Fountain but for a little bit more money I am getting 7 years newer with NO problems and lake ready... So I guess it is worth it
Old 06-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Enforcer27
Well the 1998 looks like a good option, I can't see it til Tuesday but I am thinking we will pull the trigger on that one. It has low hours and looks like new from the pictures. I will keep ya posted.

I am still MAD about loosing that 91 Fountain but for a little bit more money I am getting 7 years newer with NO problems and lake ready... So I guess it is worth it

good luck. boats are different than cars in that they are not used daily. Sure with time comes issues with water damage and what not and the older it is you must be more careful. But really when you look at it, in the last 20 years specially on fountains the boat its self has not changed beyond color schemes and some small designs like windshields and what not. If it were me Id rather have a 10 year old boat before a 3 years old boat if it had less hours and was well taken care of. Out of all the people that have ever commented on the age the oldest I have ever gotten was a 2001, most think its about 5 years old. So if its taken care of and you take care of it, a boat can last a long time.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Registered

Thanks for that info!! I am kinda anal about my boats they get cleaned every time they come out of the water. So I assume this Fountain will last me a long time...

I will post some pics if the deal gets made!! I am very excited!~
Old 06-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fountains will last a long time if they are cared for properly. Get yourself a certified surveyor and preferably one that specializes in or does a lot of performance boats. And more importantly, can do the appropriate engine tests, ie: compression test, leak down test, etc. it's money we'll spent and you can find out all the little things you might want to know about the boat. Good luck !!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enforcer27
Well after getting everything ready to get this fountain last weekend. The seller called me up Sunday night and said the boat sold. Second time this has happened to me, I need to put money down next time UGH!!!

Now I have my eye on a 1998 27 Fever with Stroker 496 (540hp on dyno) under 10 hours on new engine. Boat is in great shape probably pick it up for $20,000 what do you guys think? High? Low?
Good luck, hopefully you can pick it up for that price but I will tell you mine is a year older and I wouldn't even return a phone call for 20K. Not even sure 25K. IMO if he is selling it for that much I would take the advice above and get a surveyor to go through it. Good luck, once you get one you will love it. Send us some pics once you can.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CraneHillFast
Good luck, hopefully you can pick it up for that price but I will tell you mine is a year older and I wouldn't even return a phone call for 20K. Not even sure 25K. IMO if he is selling it for that much I would take the advice above and get a surveyor to go through it. Good luck, once you get one you will love it. Send us some pics once you can.
I would agree that boats closer to the 30-35k range. But then again with gas prices and the economy the boat market isnt what i once was and some people just need cash. But at 20k thats kind of giving it away. Last years I came across a Fifth wheel market on them was 26-34k. I paid 18, went to the guys house and he was talking about building it himself and noticed his exterior wasnt done, and he kind of hinted at needed cash. Threw down 18 and drove away with it, trailer still had stickers on the sinks and plastic on the cushions at 5 years old. So there are deals out there.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Buying a boat for a "good" price is easy these days. Buying a "good" boat at a "good" price is not so easy.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I would agree that boats closer to the 30-35k range. But then again with gas prices and the economy the boat market isnt what i once was and some people just need cash. But at 20k thats kind of giving it away. Last years I came across a Fifth wheel market on them was 26-34k. I paid 18, went to the guys house and he was talking about building it himself and noticed his exterior wasnt done, and he kind of hinted at needed cash. Threw down 18 and drove away with it, trailer still had stickers on the sinks and plastic on the cushions at 5 years old. So there are deals out there.
I agree there are deals out there. And then there is always the real price that will sell it, and the listing price of comps that have been on the market for a year.

Selling any kind of recreation equipment today is painstaking to say the least. Find the one that is free and clear, and show a frustrated seller that you are serious with the means to buy today and you may win a deal.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Registered

This time of year is what I always called point of no return for buying or selling. if you live in the north the 4th of july weekend is always considered about the half way point, really only about 8 weekends left maybe a few more after that, but usually after labor day it slows down, shops close etc. But a guy selling at this point either has told himself Im going to use this thing through rest of the summer and dump it in the fall, but fall sales are usually fire sales. Or the guy has a new boat and hes hoping to sell this one to help pay off his loan or he just wants the dang boat gone, sick of looking at it, takes time and money to keep something even if you do not use it.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Registered

Well I think I got a good deal on it! 1998 Fountain Fever 27 (496 Stroker 540 Dyno HP 30hrs on engine) 280hrs on boat - $21K + Detail Job and Full tank of gas.... It is in really good condition, couple very small gel coat spots to fix. Engine started right up and ran great. Interior is in really nice condition minus 3 little spots by the seems. It is 2 hours away to pick it up so I am chopping to get out of work to get it for this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.