Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
02 35 no power to starboard engine or gauge set ... >

02 35 no power to starboard engine or gauge set ...

Notices

02 35 no power to starboard engine or gauge set ...

Old 06-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 35 no power to starboard engine or gauge set ...

engine will not crank i have no power to ignition either side of switch i do have battery voltage and switched power out of battery switch ....i was running good motor died ..then would start then immediatly die i removed main harness connector just to inspect ..then i reconected and now this... nothing at all please help ..it is really hard to find a good wireing diagram on this boat or even for the engine to check for the correct voltage , All the circuit breakers under the back seat are good ..maybe there are fuses in another place i need to check
Old 06-24-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered

Some more info ..if i supply power to the incoming power side of ignition switch everything comes on like it should ..now i didnt try cranking but fuel pump runs and dash lights right up ...so i need to know where the ignion wire gets its power from and start there ...thanks
Old 06-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easiest thing to check is grounds. Go through the back of block and remove and clean all the grounds.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Registered

Sounds like the big plug on the engine. All the pins are expandable to make better contact. Pull the plug and clean the pins then use a very small screw driver and pry the pins open just a bit so they make better contact
Old 06-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Registered

Check the big re-settable fuse on the front of the motor it is a large red button....also check the 90 amp fuse located on the starter. Its a square plastic looking thing that is actually fuse that mounts to the positive stud on the starter.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Had this happen to me. It was the main harness going to the engine. Everything looked fine and after hours of checking everything else possible, I put a new plug in and fired right up. Changed female and male end. I was so curious after I cut the plugs open and sure enough one of the wires wasn't contacting the pin inside the plug.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Not sure how your set up is but mine is in the perfect spot for someone to step on if working on engines so I'm sure that's what happened a few times. I know cause I caught myself a few times wanting to put foot on it. Hope this helps!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Registered

I see no fuse on starter wire direct bolt to stud ... Does anyone know if the ignition switch gets and gives its power through that plug .... A wireing diagram would be awesome ... Like I said If I supply power to switch like the red wire is supposed to everything comes on
Old 06-24-2013, 08:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINBOY27
I see no fuse on starter wire direct bolt to stud ... Does anyone know if the ignition switch gets and gives its power through that plug .... A wireing diagram would be awesome ... Like I said If I supply power to switch like the red wire is supposed to everything comes on
Yes it does. I was driving and one died on me. Had no power to ignition, changed the plug and everything has been fine. Can't say this is your problem but oddly similar to what happened to me.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINBOY27
..then would start then immediatly die i removed main harness connector just to inspect ..then i reconected and now this... nothing at all please help .
Since your problem became more pronounced after you messed with the large plug, I'd focus on that.

That plug is the lifeline to your motor

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 06-24-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.