Now a Fountain owner- 32 Fever >

Now a Fountain owner- 32 Fever

Notices

Now a Fountain owner- 32 Fever

Old 07-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Now a Fountain owner- 32 Fever

I went to the "beak side" and just brought home a 1994 32 Fever with 500hp's. It has Hydromotive Q-IV 28's. The previous owner passed away so I have no idea of speed yet. Anyone want to chime in ith an opinion?
Also I'd like to put an over the platform ladder on the swim platform. I see Glen George did it but anyone else and how many steps, did you through bolt it with a backing pate or just machine or lag screw it in.?
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That should be a honest 80 mph boat with that power. That is still a non stepped haul. Boats run well, will def get light if you want to run them. Not sure on a step idea, other then bolting one to the platform, I use the cavitation plate on the drives LOL

John jr
Old 07-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Registered

Pics.....must post pics!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Registered

I just bought the exact same boat same power 500 HP. I am running Mirage 26P props would like to hear what kind of speed guys are seeing with both or any set up for that matter. Also be nice to know what other guys are running as far as props and engine combos in this hull. Also prop rotation any advantage or disadvantage to turning them both in? It seems like mine is running in the upper 70's but also feels like it is having a problem pushing this prop. I can only get it to spin to 5000 RPM. I am new to the performance boat game so I have limited knowledge on prop setup and drive position, but the motors are 100 hour rebuilds from Keith Eckert with one size larger cams and more compression then stock should have plenty of power to turn them but what do I know. LOL. Not trying to hijack just have a few of the same questions. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Registered

Congrats on your 32...I have a 94 29 Fever (twins)...the first season boarding was a PAIN. After searching these threads an entire winter, lol our last 2 have been much better. I put this ladder on my boat and have loved it every single trip to the lake! Post some pics!

http://www.aquaperformance.com/1089UMLX3.html
Old 07-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jrocket929
I just bought the exact same boat same power 500 HP. I am running Mirage 26P props would like to hear what kind of speed guys are seeing with both or any set up for that matter. Also be nice to know what other guys are running as far as props and engine combos in this hull. Also prop rotation any advantage or disadvantage to turning them both in? It seems like mine is running in the upper 70's but also feels like it is having a problem pushing this prop. I can only get it to spin to 5000 RPM. I am new to the performance boat game so I have limited knowledge on prop setup and drive position, but the motors are 100 hour rebuilds from Keith Eckert with one size larger cams and more compression then stock should have plenty of power to turn them but what do I know. LOL. Not trying to hijack just have a few of the same questions. Thanks.
I have a 98 with bone stock rebuilt 502s. I'm running 24p Hydromotive 4 blades. IPrevious owner saw 78 with them spinning in. I swapped them to spinning out, because the boat can be kind of a bear around the dock. My best so far has been 74 with low fuel, and 3 x 200lb guys on board, plus all the crap in the cuddy for a weekend stay. I think it might have another mph or so in it emptied out, and I don't think I had it trimmed as far out as it needed to be on that run. The motors were turning just shy of 4900. I'm perfectly happy with anything over 70, I generally just cruise around 55 or so.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 1991 32' with stock 502 mags. I have the sheets from Reggie which show 76 mph. The previous owner said he got 76.6 out of her on gps. I have been in the 72-74 mark but I don't run it hard. For what it is worth, My boat has the sheets from the original test drive which show the optimal drive and tab position from Fountain. If I remember correctly, drives @ 3.3 and tabs @ 4.6. I have not been out in a while.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

When it is just my self, a friend moderate fuel, I find it tabs all the way out and drives at about 4.5, I can easily zip 55-5600 with old stock 330 BBC's. Have a set of 27's mirages on the way. I have seen a best of about 72 on gps last year with a hurt left engine.

John jr
Old 07-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Fountain family. There is not a lot of flat surface mounting area underneath to secure the ladder. Clearing the tie bar is also an issue when drives are raised and ladder is extended. The ladder is a must for getting in and out. We were using the trim tabs or drives, asking for trouble.
Attached Thumbnails Now a Fountain owner- 32 Fever-2013-05-12-19.05.03.jpg   Now a Fountain owner- 32 Fever-9101ff19-a48a-4ecb-b0ba-b097e67881ee_300%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 07-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glen george
Welcome to the Fountain family. There is not a lot of flat surface mounting area underneath to secure the ladder. Clearing the tie bar is also an issue when drives are raised and ladder is extended. The ladder is a must for getting in and out. We were using the trim tabs or drives, asking for trouble.
I have double tie bars so I definitely have no clearance for under platform ladder. Glen- you mounted yours ove. Did you through bolt it through the platfrom or just screw it into the platform?
Pictures are delayed as the boat is filthy (even mold and mildewed) so it is going to take time and plenty of elbow grease to get picture ready.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.