Draggin' A$$ >

Draggin' A$$

Notices

Draggin' A$$

Old 08-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Draggin' A$$

I've begun to notice my 2000 Lightning pushes out one hell of a wake compared to most other boats. My friends 04 Ex and 08 Lightning I see run commonly don't have a tendency to do this nearly as bad. Even WOT my boat seems to be stern hard in the water regardless of trim or tab assistance I've run props ranging from 28-32 Bravos and 5 blades as well with little to no change. Brett @ BBlades suggested I try spinning the props out to get some stern lift. Has anyone ever experienced this? Anyone ever tried props out on our boats? Is this just the way a small step/side by side runs?
Old 08-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other 2 you mentioned are staggers right? its good to carry the bow out of the water, its not porpoising right? You can try spinning them out but i think you will loose top end.
Are your 500's stock and how fast is it now? Should be a 90 mph boat.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

The '08 I referenced is a full stagger and that I can understand the difference, the '04 is a side by side Ex. My motors are stock and in good shape.... but no where near 90. More like 80
Old 08-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
The other 2 you mentioned are staggers right? its good to carry the bow out of the water, its not porpoising right? You can try spinning them out but i think you will loose top end.
Are your 500's stock and how fast is it now? Should be a 90 mph boat.
maybe 90 w 575's but not w 500's
Old 08-08-2013, 01:11 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I would agree with BBlades that trying them spinning out is at least worth a shot.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if anything its the other way around guys are trying to get more bow lift from running higher drives and 5-6 blade props that's where high rake props help how deep are your drives and what rake props are you running
Old 08-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
I've begun to notice my 2000 Lightning pushes out one hell of a wake compared to most other boats. My friends 04 Ex and 08 Lightning I see run commonly don't have a tendency to do this nearly as bad. Even WOT my boat seems to be stern hard in the water regardless of trim or tab assistance I've run props ranging from 28-32 Bravos and 5 blades as well with little to no change. Brett @ BBlades suggested I try spinning the props out to get some stern lift. Has anyone ever experienced this? Anyone ever tried props out on our boats? Is this just the way a small step/side by side runs?
If you still have the original X-dimension that the boat came from the factory with in 2000 then that is your answer/problem right there. I had a 2000 38 Fever and I came up more than 2 inches from the original X and it really made a difference in both speed and the attitude of the boat when on plane. The factory said I could have come up even more with today's prop technology vs what they had in 2000. The downside is that it's harder on the drives.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct me if I am wrong but spinning in increases transom lift? Any of my Fountain friends spin in using Hydromotives with great results.