"Reggie Fountain Special" Fever 29

Notices

"Reggie Fountain Special" Fever 29

Old 08-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Reggie Fountain Special" Fever 29

Hi!

I'm a newbie to the Offshore Forums, but have been creepin' around and learning things from you all for some time now! I've been obsessed with Fountains since my first ride on a '94 Fever (2x454's) and am considering making a purchase. Is anyone aware of a "Reggie Fountain Special" edition fever 29? It's got twin merc 500's... which I haven't seen before, but he represents them as being factory original. Can you give me an idea of what a boat like that, in very good condition, low hours for a '95 (300ish) is worth? Besides guzzling gas, any downsides or areas of concern to consider? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

One of my customers had one with twin 502 mags. It was my dream boat for a while even with the engines stuffed so close together in there. Not sure if they did anything other than special stripes & what not but it was a good looking boat. Have a survey done, with the # of Fountains for sale I would think it would be in the same ballpark as other 29s unless there is documentation that proves it is "special". Good luck. Randy
Old 08-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Gold Member

I would say the only downside to the 29 with twins is small engine compartment which was already stated, stern heavy also. Other then that if cabin room or lack there of doesn't bother you then definitely do a survey on a 1995 boat and let the good times roll!!!! I think you will be more then happy with a fountain. Im on my first and can say honestly I will never own another brand again.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen one, and a guy had one for sale for a while here in Watertown NY. Nice boat, besides the engines the boat seemed to be the same minus a different paint or wrap job, and the interior had a few different badges. But the guy wanted about 15-20k more than what Fountains were going for of the same age and class. Not sure it was worth that and Im sure thats why it sat up for sale for a while. But with the added weight and less room in the bilge, Im not so sure its worth any premium price. But if I came across one and was in my budget and was price to what market was asking I wouldnt be against buying one.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Registered

Thanks- that's helpful info. Here are two of the shots I got of the motors and of the gauges. This dash has to be aftermarket, right? I recall the early 90's dashes having a lot more black to them... http://www.screencast.com/t/SaoGSTqZl and http://www.screencast.com/t/QHGnDHC60x
Old 08-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered

I've got a '97 27 Fever I'll make someone a deal on. PM for details
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah thats a new dash, even if it was a special edition. My 91 is black, and most around that age were black.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I bought one new in 95 and still have it. Reggie took me out for a test ride and I could not even fit between the seat and throttles. He made a call and told the guys, they needed more room for bigger guys that he was missing sales. Mine was the first one with the seats back a couple of inches for more room. It came with 502s and ran 88MPH on test sheet. I now have 509s with 575HP and boat runs low 90s. I learned to drive with this boat because it is loose at 88 plus. Later took it back to factory, painted it different graphics and had the interior redone, all before Reggie left. Great boat, but good luck changing the inside spark plugs. LOL
Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Does an engine have to come out to change the inside plugs? Damn there is zero room!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Roger
I bought one new in 95 and still have it. Reggie took me out for a test ride and I could not even fit between the seat and throttles. He made a call and told the guys, they needed more room for bigger guys that he was missing sales. Mine was the first one with the seats back a couple of inches for more room. It came with 502s and ran 88MPH on test sheet. I now have 509s with 575HP and boat runs low 90s. I learned to drive with this boat because it is loose at 88 plus. Later took it back to factory, painted it different graphics and had the interior redone, all before Reggie left. Great boat, but good luck changing the inside spark plugs. LOL
88mph with 502s? No super chargers? pretty hard to believe ,was that GPS or the dreamometer? Not busting butt , just seems really high.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.