Toilet issue with my 38 foot Fountain Lightening

Notices

Toilet issue with my 38 foot Fountain Lightening

Old 09-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Toilet issue with my 38 foot Fountain Lightening

Hi, all, I have a quick question.

If the reservoir for the holding tank is full or near full, would the head no longer have suction? My marina has been having issues with their pump out equipment so I think this could be the problem. Recently I drained some of the water using the sink because it began to smell so I thought I would flush it out a bit which obviously filled up my holding tank which is when I noticed that the suction disappeared.

Am I assuming correct with this?

Thanks a million for your feedback

Barry
Old 09-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered

I managed to get a proper pump out and the toilet works just fine. I didn't realize how small the holding tank for the head really was lol

Regards
Barry
Old 10-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The holding tank has a level sensor, if it is full, it will not activate the suction pump.
Ours stopped too, couldn't believe it was full so checked the relay, cleaned contacts etc, hot wired it and it would work.
Finally opened the top (really was trying to avoid that lol) and it was full.
Pumped out and works fine; I flushed the toilet a couple times while they pumped it out to break suction and get some "flow through" so the dock suction was not being defeated by super vacuum in the tank
Old 10-02-2013, 08:33 AM
Registered

Hi Xwing,

Thanks for your feedback, I realized it was just full as well however, very pleased that I did not have open that sucker up LOL

Question: Do your engines use Coolant "orange" one? if so, do you run straight coolant or diluted 50/50. Ive only used the non diluted orange stuff however accidentally purchased a diluted bottle 50/50. Although orange, its a real pale orange hence the dilution and not sure if I should return it or if it would be safe to run with.

Thanks in advance
Barry
Old 10-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always purchaced full strength orange coolant and mixed with distilled water to make the 50/50 mix and use that, but that's in my 496's
Old 10-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Registered

Hmmm I have 525's in mine and noticed the previous owner used the orange without dilution. Not sure if he wasn't sure what he was doing or if the 525,s require that stuff straight up!

I'll consult the Merc manual for the motors, it just came in today.

Thanks again and have a super weekend!
Barry