New 500 EFIs being built by Potter Performance

Notices

New 500 EFIs being built by Potter Performance

Old 01-25-2014, 06:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I like the look of Potter's shop. Clean and parts stored orderly.

X2, looks awesome!
Old 01-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
Pat Ron is building you two as well right now? That's assume. Isn't he great. I can't wait to get mine back in. It's like said Ron probably wasn't getting any were near 415 hp out mine since I bought it. This just because of the normal wear. He thinks I would be surprised at how much faster and how much more power I would get a posed to what I'm used to. So I really can't to get mine back in to see what we have. How long has he been working on your now Pat? Have you been to his shop? Or did you just ship him your motors? I see your from Maryland. I'm from the eastern shore of Maryland my self. I used to run around Solemons and hang around Verras. You ever been there before?

It's been a great pleasure so far dealing with Ron .... I sent them down in December and told him when I needed them back by!!!

Pat
Attached Thumbnails New 500 EFIs being built by Potter Performance-image.jpg   New 500 EFIs being built by Potter Performance-image.jpg   New 500 EFIs being built by Potter Performance-image.jpg  

Old 01-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Registered

Dyno them Friday and shipping home to me tomorrow.....
Old 01-26-2014, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Spicy
Dyno them Friday and shipping home to me tomorrow.....
Post the results when you get them,,,, please.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Looking forward to see the results. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm curious to know how much you saved rebuilding your existing engines compared to buying new ones? And warranty comparisons?
Old 01-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Crane. My boat was bought brand new from a dealer in Md. I'm the third owner all in Md until now. I live in Bradenton Fl now. Moved here just so I could get more time on my boat in a year. A lot more things to do here as we'll.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Registered

Spicy let me know how they turn out. Especially let me know how they look on the dyno. Sounds like he building yours right front of mine. I'm in no hurry at all. Ron's going to reinstall mine back into my boat for me as we'll. I'm right here close to him. We have a good two months before we will get serious about boating again right now so no rush on mine what so every. But please let me know what you think about yours please.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Registered

Spicy what's the ending results from the dyno? Also post pictures what they look like to please. All of his look just like they run totally out of site!! Let us know please. I'm looking every day hoping to see them. I'm anxious as everyone else.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Post the results when you get them,,,, please.
Originally Posted by 12meter joe
Looking forward to see the results. Thanks for sharing.
First Engine Dyno @ 564.9 HP with 590.6 Torque
Second Engine Dyno @ 564.6 HP with 590.0 Torque

Originally Posted by SR-71
I'm curious to know how much you saved rebuilding your existing engines compared to buying new ones? And warranty comparisons?
Warranty with Mercury is a year, Potter has given me a year Warranty as well.

I was sold with Ron on the head work changes he did over Mercury, just a few small upgrades for performance / reliability. As far as savings I don't know how to answer, first what Ron and I worked out will never hit the net as I don't see it my place to post his pricing, and that as I only have hearsay on what Mercury charges, I had several other things that I had to change out ... Couplers, Had some powder coating done, and I had a bad heat exchanger so really couldnt go apples to apples, I'm happy so far, they just need to get here!!! according to the tracking number they are in NC trucking there way up 95

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
Spicy what's the ending results from the dyno? Also post pictures what they look like to please. All of his look just like they run totally out of site!! Let us know please. I'm looking every day hoping to see them. I'm anxious as everyone else.
I will post pictures when they get here... But I'm sure that they are Blue & Black just like when i sent them down, just shinier and the internals are healthy!!!

Pat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.