Wanting to join the fountain family!! >

Wanting to join the fountain family!!

Notices

Wanting to join the fountain family!!

Old 04-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jshuman2
I was wondering what is the best way to go about putting a big stereo in it!? Can I just mount subs in the panel under the back seat I see that's where most people place the subs in there boats? Does it have to marine equipment?
My 12's are mounted under there rear bench, normal car/truck polk audio subs. i dont think there uscg approve lol!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jshuman2
I was wondering what is the best way to go about putting a big stereo in it!? Can I just mount subs in the panel under the back seat I see that's where most people place the subs in there boats? Does it have to marine equipment?
Most people put them under the back seat, I did and worked out good so far. I have marine subs, some guys go back and forth on which ones to use. I got marine because I found some that werent any more money than regular ones and people coming in from the water,spilling beer etc wouldnt ruin them.

I put the amp back there too, as I started out with amp in the cabin under the cooler but the black ground wire I had wasnt creating enough amps I tried 2 sizes and after doing some research you need about a 0 gauge ground wire to do it. Of which at the time I wasnt going out to buy anymore crap and wanted the job done. Amps been in there 3 years no issue. I dont really care anyways as its a throw away amp from ebay its a reman