42 sitdown poker run vs. 42 Lightning >

42 sitdown poker run vs. 42 Lightning

Notices

42 sitdown poker run vs. 42 Lightning

Old 04-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 42 sitdown poker run vs. 42 Lightning

The 42 poker run I am sure is faster... How much faster (let's say 525s)? Has anyone ridden in both? Just curious...

Thanks!

Frank
Old 04-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Registered

They are really not comparable boats at all. The 42 PR is a race boat with 4 seats. There is no cabin , very few creature comforts , and are MUCH lighter than a 42 lightening.
It's like comparing a CTS V Cadillac to a 458 ferrari . A 42 PR runs mid to upper 90's with 525's and the 42 lightening with 525's runs low to mid 80's. I'm one of the lucky few that own a 42 PR . Mine has #6 drives and 1100's. The boat is absolutely an amazing riding boat , but as I said it's not for your average pleasure boater as a 42 lightening would be.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Registered

Thanks for the quick reply. Your boat sounds absolutely phenomenal! Who built your 1100s and how fast? I would love if you could post some pics.

Thanks, Frank
Old 04-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Registered

JC performance engines. Still dialing in the boat, I changed drive ratio because I was running out of prop.
I'll be testing Again later this week. The boat so far has run 142 mph banging off the rev limiter. There is plenty left . I'm not going to give a speed of what I think it will run yet because I don't want to put my foot in my mouth. But I'll tell you it got to 142 fast with plenty left . I've been talking with RF a lot as I've been testing , I keep telling him to tell him dad that he built one hell of a fast boat lol . When the boat is all dialed in ill post my top speed. Right now it's amazing that I cruise at 120 mph with 0 boost
Old 04-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Registered

That is just phenomenal.. It is truly the best hull still to date.. And JC performance is one of the best new school engine builders.. Awesome choice! I talked with the crew of Twisted Metal when they first put in the Merc 850s in it.. (they were 525s before) and they were hitting the high 140s.. That is what is so intriguing to me.. Who wants a cabin in a go-fast boat? Post a pic of the boat if you could.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I owned a 42PR for about three years and had a blast with it. Had 600's w Imco SCX's. Had the whipple upgrades and some motor work and it ran 125. One of the best boats to do poker runs in. Especially if you have a good throttle man! Will probably never go back to a bolster seat boat. Sitting down is the only way to go for me now! My good friend has a 42 Lightning w 700's/6's. It has the full cabin, A/C, and generator. It runs strong too for all the stuff it has on it.
Billy, you still have the bladders or go with the alum tanks?
Old 04-28-2014, 04:22 PM
Registered

I just installed new bladders
Old 05-01-2014, 07:33 PM
GDM
Registered

Originally Posted by two-air
Who wants a cabin in a go-fast boat? .
maybe someone who wants a really comfortable bed to sleep , or a couch to sit on , or a place to go the bathroom

it could also be said that if you weren't going to have a cabin why even bother with a v-bottom ? why not go with the far superior cat hulls

or you could say that if you want a "go fast boat" why consider a v-bottom

Old 05-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GDM
maybe someone who wants a really comfortable bed to sleep , or a couch to sit on , or a place to go the bathroom

it could also be said that if you weren't going to have a cabin why even bother with a v-bottom ? why not go with the far superior cat hulls

or you could say that if you want a "go fast boat" why consider a v-bottom

Don't forget sex.......where are you going to have sex? lol

I agree, if I am going to sit down and have no cabin give me a cat. But I also think the 42PR is a cool ass boat!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:48 AM
GDM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Don't forget sex.......where are you going to have sex? lol

I agree, if I am going to sit down and have no cabin give me a cat. But I also think the 42PR is a cool ass boat!
I love the 42 pr but its silly to say "who needs a cabin" to me that's like saying who needs a car with an engine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.