Having a engine problem with 468 mercruiser >

Having a engine problem with 468 mercruiser

Notices

Having a engine problem with 468 mercruiser

Old 05-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having a engine problem with 468 mercruiser

Took the fountain out on the lake last weekend, got it put in the water and took off and I noticed when I let off the throttle to go into a no wake some my starboard engine died so I tried starting it back up and it hesitated a little bit and then it started and was running low rpm until I free reved it up then it acts like it's missing and when I put it in drive it starts acting like it's gonna die then eventually it does! I changed the oil and spark plugs oil filters and fuel filters and thermostats before taking it out this last time and when I took it the two times before I never had a problem? Could it be something I did here that I shouldn't of? I'm more of diesel guy I don't know much bout gas engines any help would be appreciated!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Is it carbureted, efi, blower, big cam etc.? The more information about the motor the better. Sounds like fuel delivery.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry took so long to get back... Yes it is carburated with no blower and i just bought the boat so dont know much about it as of right now! Its mainly a stock motor is what i was told when i bought the boat! Took the disrtibutor apart thinking it had moisture and no moisture in there!