Old 06-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What are you wanting ?
Old 06-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

My 38 lightning also has no drain holes where you are pointing. Really no way for water to get in there, it is a sealed box with fuel tanks. The drains above (in your pic) are actually pipes under the floor that run to the basin on the front side of the gun wale. I have another set of outlets that drain close to the sides that are hooked to the floor drains and under seat drains.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Louie
Would someone take a look in their boat for me?
louie.I have a 27 fever and a 10meter.both have drain pipe at the bottom of the bilge at the bulk head.from what I understand.this drain pipe run under the tanks to the forward bulkhead.from there the pipe runs to the forward two bulkheads....where the forward compartments are under your v-berth.the tank area is sealed and the pipe connects bulkhead to bulkhead to drain water or the cabin.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Mine has 2 glassed-in PVC pipes. I'm pretty sure one goes to the floor drain in the cabin. Not sure what the other one is for.

My old Chaparral had holes in that area leading to the fuel tank compartment. When my fuel tank started leaking, I knew abt it.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by zz28zz
Mine has 2 glassed-in PVC pipes. I'm pretty sure one goes to the floor drain in the cabin. Not sure what the other one is for.

My old Chaparral had holes in that area leading to the fuel tank compartment. When my fuel tank started leaking, I knew abt it.
What are the odd,s that the pvc and glass are bonded good and not leaking water around it ? I don,t think you would want to know what that fuel tank cavity looks like .
Old 06-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by 575cat
What are the odd,s that the pvc and glass are bonded good and not leaking water around it ? I don,t think you would want to know what that fuel tank cavity looks like .
Judging from the build quality of the boat in general, I'd say the odds are pretty good that it's sealed tight.
I'd bet money the fuel tank cavity is in fine shape on this particular boat.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zz28zz
Judging from the build quality of the boat in general, I'd say the odds are pretty good that it's sealed tight.
I'd bet money the fuel tank cavity is in fine shape on this particular boat.
Ck out RF and see what they gut out and pull rotten tank,s from , these thing,s are leaker,s inside & out