Fountain or Cigarette >

Fountain or Cigarette

Notices

Fountain or Cigarette

Old 03-11-2018, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Gimmie the Cig

I want to say that I have the highest respect for Fountain powerboats and their place in offshore history and accomplishment. There is no doubt that with equivalent power the Fountain will run faster on the top end. And to that I say, a Buggati Veyron will run faster on the top end than basically anything else. How often are you on the very top end? How important is the top end to you? A Ferrari will destroy my 66 Chevelle on the top end, but I could pull that Chevelle into a parking lot full of Lambo's and Ferraris and people will crowd around the muscle car.
You have to decide what is important to you. Anything over 100 in a V bottom is badass and fun as hell. Does 115 over 101 really make a damn difference? Sure, if it's a race then yes. Or if you hang your hat off your top speed, then sure. I look at other factors that are more important to me. Personally, I don't like how Fountains look. I just don't. I don't like the windscreen style. I don't like the ass end. I don't like the swim pad. I hate the dash and cabin door set up. I just personally don't like the way Fountains look. The beak is pretty cool. And like I said, they are fast boats and nobody would reasonably diss a Fountain.
To me Cigarette is where it's at. Cigs just have that classic offshore look. I love the fit and finish. A Fountain can't touch most Cigs for fit and finish. And I just don't think Fountains can touch Cigs for pure cool factor. Once again, the Lambo Vs. Classic muscle car argument. Everybody is different and needs to choose what is most important. I think if you are obsessed with top speed, get the Fountain. If you truly want to run offshore and pound waves for years and years, get a Cig. It is widely acknowledged that Cigs are built more heavy duty than Fountains, hence the lower top end speed. Apaches are the extreme end of heavy duty wave crusher and Fountains are on the other end of light and super fast on the top end. I think Cig is a nice middle ground.
I'd take a Cig anyday over a Fountain. I think Cigs are more individual and unique and I just love the look of them better. And to all the Fountain guys, you do realize Outerlimits is the new king in town right for top end V performance? You that right?
Old 03-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Well written reply but I think 4 years later he made a decision by now
Old 03-11-2018, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
I suspect and SCX can handle more power than some early SSMs. I could be wrong. The bmax is probably equivalent to an SC? SCX over bmax for sure I'd think.
couldn't be further from the truth. The bmax upper has a much bigger upper gear set than a scx. Since John took over the company around 2010 I think he has not had a single upper gear set failure. However the bmax does not offer a #6 style lower like the scx4
Old 03-11-2018, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by xcops420
I want to say that I have the highest respect for Fountain powerboats and their place in offshore history and accomplishment. There is no doubt that with equivalent power the Fountain will run faster on the top end. And to that I say, a Buggati Veyron will run faster on the top end than basically anything else. How often are you on the very top end? How important is the top end to you? A Ferrari will destroy my 66 Chevelle on the top end, but I could pull that Chevelle into a parking lot full of Lambo's and Ferraris and people will crowd around the muscle car.
You have to decide what is important to you. Anything over 100 in a V bottom is badass and fun as hell. Does 115 over 101 really make a damn difference? Sure, if it's a race then yes. Or if you hang your hat off your top speed, then sure. I look at other factors that are more important to me. Personally, I don't like how Fountains look. I just don't. I don't like the windscreen style. I don't like the ass end. I don't like the swim pad. I hate the dash and cabin door set up. I just personally don't like the way Fountains look. The beak is pretty cool. And like I said, they are fast boats and nobody would reasonably diss a Fountain.
To me Cigarette is where it's at. Cigs just have that classic offshore look. I love the fit and finish. A Fountain can't touch most Cigs for fit and finish. And I just don't think Fountains can touch Cigs for pure cool factor. Once again, the Lambo Vs. Classic muscle car argument. Everybody is different and needs to choose what is most important. I think if you are obsessed with top speed, get the Fountain. If you truly want to run offshore and pound waves for years and years, get a Cig. It is widely acknowledged that Cigs are built more heavy duty than Fountains, hence the lower top end speed. Apaches are the extreme end of heavy duty wave crusher and Fountains are on the other end of light and super fast on the top end. I think Cig is a nice middle ground.
I'd take a Cig anyday over a Fountain. I think Cigs are more individual and unique and I just love the look of them better. And to all the Fountain guys, you do realize Outerlimits is the new king in town right for top end V performance? You that right?
Must be snowing out
Old 03-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Must be snowing out
Snowed in, beers, whiskey, boogar sugar...

And BTW I think MY Fountain is cool...I Like the beak...sure looks great in aerial shots...
Old 03-12-2018, 07:23 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

I sold my 02 top gun to buy an 07 fountain - fit and finish are not all that different, although the wiring in my Cig was way better. No sink or enclosed head in a 38 foot boat was the main reason I sold my TG, I am guessing that the nice cabin was eliminated in the twin step because of weight. Both great boats and I would own either in a heartbeat. Not sure why you came on the fountain forum to dredge up an old thread and bash fountain.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Registered

Talking Your comment makes no sense

Originally Posted by dcb
I sold my 02 top gun to buy an 07 fountain - fit and finish are not all that different, although the wiring in my Cig was way better. No sink or enclosed head in a 38 foot boat was the main reason I sold my TG, I am guessing that the nice cabin was eliminated in the twin step because of weight. Both great boats and I would own either in a heartbeat. Not sure why you came on the fountain forum to dredge up an old thread and bash fountain.
Well I'm not sure if you even read my comment if you think I was bashing Fountain. Maybe you need to go back and read my comment again. I said multiple nice things about Fountain and I also said no reasonable person would bash Fountain. So I'm not sure what you are even talking about. As far as why I came on the thread, well.....it's because I felt like it. Better read my post again because I don't think you quite processed it.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:21 PM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

I guess the parts where you told us how you dont like the windshield, dash and cabin door, ass end and swim platform were compliments. Also the snarky comment about OL being the "new king in top end V performance" - maybe you should reread your post. By the way - OL set the record almost 4 years ago. What kind of boat do you own ? I dont see one in your profile.

Last edited by dcb; 03-12-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:41 PM
Registered

Talking Mr. Sensitive

Originally Posted by dcb
I guess the parts where you told us how you dont like the windshield, dash and cabin door, ass end and swim platform were compliments. Also the snarky comment about OL being the "new king in top end V performance" - maybe you should reread your post. By the way - OL set the record almost 4 years ago. What kind of boat do you own ? I dont see one in your profile.
Dude, get some thicker skin already. Sorry you are so sensitive about your Fountain. Yes, my opinion is that Fountains are UGLY.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:52 PM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Dude, get some thicker skin already. Sorry you are so sensitive about your Fountain. Yes, my opinion is that Fountains are UGLY.
My point exactly - you came onto the Fountain forum to tell us how great Cigarettes are, and bash Fountain. You never answered my question - what boat do you own? Pretty lousy way for a new member to start contributing to the website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.