Hp500 motors >

Hp500 motors

Notices

Hp500 motors

Old 07-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LKNCOBALT
It's hard to do motor work in the middle of the season, but I guess it's better than a complete engine replace due to a blown motor. Top end job always seems to be the needed maintenance on those 500's around the 350-500 hour mark. May need to be a bit ahead of the norm since you have a blower motor.
Sorry not trying to hijack thread
LKNCOBALT did you get your boat fixed?
Old 07-09-2014, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey man thanks for checking in on me.... It's almost done. Ended up being a bad ECM on the port side motor. Part came in today and I'm having a full oil/filters/drive/hydraulic service on both motors while it's out of the water. Might as well. It sure would have been nice if it was just a bad ignition switch. Talk about $100 turning into $1600 in no time lol...nothing like a fountain with the patriot graphic package in the shop over 4th of July weekend. I did get to drive my buddy's formula 382 fastech on Saturday since he was a few beers too deep. I jumped all over that opportunity. Sometimes being the sober guy pays off. Formula rode awesome, but I believe our fountains would smoke it all day long.