Notices

700sci motor dying - 42 Fountain lightning

Old 09-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Socks
Update : Found it !!!

Checked compression , all good !
Well after checking the electrical system , we discovered a bad battery , changed and and BAM !!
no change !
Took the belt of both superchargers to compare , and we discovered a sheared off drive shaft on the bad motor superchager , so took it off and discovered the pulley was turning and the charger isnt !

Will probably have to order a new one , but very surprised that a super charger can fail at 70 hrs !!!

looks like mercury doesnt sell parts for it ??

Send it here if you want someone to repair quickly and professionally http://www.dmpeinc.com/superchargers/

He will also sell you the parts if you wish to repair yourself. Ask for Brian, great people!
Old 09-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Send it here if you want someone to repair quickly and professionally http://www.dmpeinc.com/superchargers/

He will also sell you the parts if you wish to repair yourself. Ask for Brian, great people!
i contacted them , waiting for a quote?

Do you think i should repair it or just buy a new one ? Bear in my mind i am overseas and shipping both ways would cost much and it will probably cost 50% of a new unit .

Would you repair ? or get a new unit ?
Old 09-15-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dirty Socks
i contacted them , waiting for a quote?

Do you think i should repair it or just buy a new one ? Bear in my mind i am overseas and shipping both ways would cost much and it will probably cost 50% of a new unit .

Would you repair ? or get a new unit ?
Well, the supercharger is $6000.00 USD new replacement, that's a lot of shipping $$. I don't know what you are looking at to repair it, either will they completely until they take it apart.

Me, I would repair it, myself.....but that's just me. I am not afraid to take anything apart, learn how it works, and fix it. But, I can't give that advice to just anyone. There are a lot of guys that will just buy new whatever breaks, right from merc.....including engines, I am not that guy

Take it off the engine, and see if the rotors turn free with no noise, debri or damage anywhere. Not sure if the screw style blowers snow removes like a roots style, but if it does and the main blower is fine you will just be sending the snout for repair.

I am curious what caused that shaft to break? Or what exactly is broken.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:34 PM
Registered

This is the manufacture of your supercharger. Maybe you can find a repair manual online, and a parts source if you choose to repair in your country.

http://www.lysholm.us/