Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
How fast 1999 fountain 47 triple 500 carbed? >

How fast 1999 fountain 47 triple 500 carbed?

Notices

How fast 1999 fountain 47 triple 500 carbed?

Old 12-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

How come a 1999 42 triple carbed hp500 runs same speed ? The 47 hull is more efficient ?
Old 12-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anyone knows john from dry branch marine listing this boat?
I sent an email 2 weeks ago, left a voice mail message monday
Never had a reply...

Might be a sign a should not buy it!!! But maybe not !lol!!!
Old 12-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,125 Likes on 475 Posts

I've been watching that boat (from a distance) for quite a while now. Love the yellow and going by the pics and description, it seems a very nice boat. It is also on yachtworld.com but has disappeared and re-appeared a couple of times. This may not be relevant, maybe just a reluctant seller (on again, off again) or something more complicated like banks or divorce but whatever, the boat looks nice.

Only one phone number available for contact? have you tried the contact form on the website?
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1999.../United-States
You'd think a broker/seller would jump on an email inquiry very quickly.........

I can't buy it at the moment but would still be interested to hear something from anyone who knows the boat. Is it as clean as the photos suggest? Any history worth knowing?

Look forward to reading any updates..........

RR
Old 12-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
How come a 1999 42 triple carbed hp500 runs same speed ? The 47 hull is more efficient ?
The 47 may be more efficient.. ? Just for comparison my fathers 99 42 trip 500 EFI runs 90-93 everyday. How much difference is there between EFI and carb? Pretty close in #s right? Safe to say these hulls were great back then and still hang with equal power.. (can't compare to OL and others new tech) but still they run like heck! Is it summer yet!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

The boat is from Keokuk IA. It's been there since new IIRC. Always shedded. Kind of my dream machine when younger. Was at dinner last night with a friend of the owners and I asked if it was still for sale. If you need any specifics I I'll try and help you out.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a '99 47 with 525SC's that ran 88 pretty much any conditions. Best riding boat I ever had and one wife still holds above all others we have had since. A bit thristy compared to the EFI boats we have had but loved the boat.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by endeavor1
The boat is from Keokuk IA. It's been there since new IIRC. Always shedded. Kind of my dream machine when younger. Was at dinner last night with a friend of the owners and I asked if it was still for sale. If you need any specifics I I'll try and help you out.
At least if you could let know the owner that the broker dont return emails or calls for his boat, i think this is the first important thing to do for him!

And yes you can try to put us in contact if you can i would appreciate it! First thing i want to know is if he has a recent GOOD survey with his boat? Because im tired of paying survey for boat that are found to be wet! So if a seller feels he has a good boat, i think he needs to prove it to sell it! Specially those triple holes non sealed soft transom!
Thanks!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also some newer boats may be lighter with new layups they were using as time went on..