In search of 90's 27

Notices

In search of 90's 27

Old 12-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In search of 90's 27

Hey guys,
I'm helping a friend look for an older fountain. He would like to find a 90's 27 fever with stock power and trailer included. We live in New York State so he is hoping to find one within 500 miles. Also fresh water. Budget of around 25k. I've looked at all the major sites, oso, pb listings, boatrader etc...
Sorry for hyjacking anyone else's thread, it seems like there are a few people looking for the same thing, not knowing what part if the country they are from, hopefully we won't be shopping for the same boats. Thanks
Old 12-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

95 was the first year of the stepped hull. Having owned a 97 27, I would strongly suggest that you get in one before buying. They are very small in the cockpit. no room for a cooler or anything. Mine did 70 with a fresh 502 mag and cmi exhaust, and is a nice handling hull. A little slow to get on plane, but not the worst. I gave mine away 2 years ago for 25K on a nice steel trailer and it was pretty clean. Your friend may have to go beyond 500 miles to get a deal, but they are out there, just keep looking. Now is a good time to buy.

Good luck with your search!!
Old 12-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

The other idea is dont limit yourself to 27. The 29 is generally a better boat from what I've read. Don't know if it fits in budget but worth a look. Also a lot of folks have claimed the 29 to be faster with same power. Hull just works better. Good luck
Old 12-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies. I myself went with a 29 just for that reason and am very happy I did so, but it seems that the older 29s are really holding value. I could almost sell mine for what I paid 3 years ago, but never would, my boat just fits my lifestyle/ income. My friend is fairly new to boating, just got a ski boat a few years ago but has caught the itch since riding with me for the past few years. He's not really looking for anything too extravagant, matter of fact a 502 mag or something along those lines would fit him better than a blue motor. He is just looking to get into a performance boat, and likes fountain in particular. He is pretty certain he doesn't want to spend much more than 25k since this will be his first performance boat and I know there are deals out there with a little patience, and of coarse traveling a little more than 500 miles is fine for the right boat. I was just looking to see if anyone knew of any boats like this that isn't listed on the major classifieds. I've seen where people have found a good deal on their local Craig's list and have shared them.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my non step 93 will likely be up for sale soon itll have a 500hp clone in it. 500efi cam stainless marine exhaust etc. boat runs mid sixties now with a stock efi 502mag with a decent load of fuel and two ppl with all the stereo equipment in it lol. so I would say around 70 or so with the new engine in it wouldn't be out of line. ill let ya know once its all in run tuned and broke in. I wont sell it with any issues I don't like having my name on an unproven rig. its on an aluminum Petersen trailer. it also has a new interior in it as well. it is kind of a custom mainly black with orange and with paint scheme though.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Registered

Gh700xx,

Thanks for the heads up! Would you happen to have any pictures available of the boat? Feel free to Pm me, I can give you number also if texting/ phone call is easier.
Old 12-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

If you decide on a 29 PM me and I'll get you a contact number of one available in MD. Not stock power but engine by very well respected builder.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I know of a 2000 27' Fever that may be for sale soon. Stock 502 MPI with Lightning headers. Meticulous owner.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Registered

Sonic, I know he would consider a 29 if it is in his price range and mechanically sound, I know I'm at least interested in hearing details on the boat and power package. Easy rider, when your friend is ready send me his contact info, the plan is to search for boats and find a few he likes and wants to go see in person, then after the holidays we will be take a few road trips. If anyone has a boat in particular feel free to pm me and I'll send you my contact info. Thanks for everyone's help.