Anyone know the total length of a 35 Executioner on a trailer >

Anyone know the total length of a 35 Executioner on a trailer

Notices

Anyone know the total length of a 35 Executioner on a trailer

Old 01-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just measured my 32 on trailer. Trailer is an Eagle originally with surge brakes. I converted it to EOH and at most, it is now 3" shorter than with surge. (Whatever the surge travel amount is) The drives and trailer are both tucked under the swim platform, so no added length there. I keep it in my garage and back it in till the rub rail is an inch away from the wall. I have exactly 3' from tip of beak to end of coupler. That puts my 32' at an over the road length of 35'. If you angle it in, you have to account for the fact the 1 rear corner is now going to be adding to your overall length.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 01-09-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
It's no hidden fact that by law molded on swim platforms have to be included in loa. Not like Reggie did something to just make boats sound bigger. All the lengths changed when the law went into effect. EVERY manufacturer with a molded platform has it included in loa.
Yes, on the title, but it has no bearing on the model name. For instance my 50 Nortech is 50 feet to the transom, but it has a molded swim platform, so on the title, and in reality it has an overall length of 52'.

So, in terms of trailers, or length required for storage, the 35 Fountain will have the same overall dimensions as a 33 Fountain (which it actually is, and I don't think anybody would argue that)

Last edited by 302Sport; 01-09-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
It's no hidden fact that by law molded on swim platforms have to be included in loa. Not like Reggie did something to just make boats sound bigger. All the lengths changed when the law went into effect. EVERY manufacturer with a molded platform has it included in loa.
REALLY????and all this time I thought the law only made Fountain include the molded swim platform into LOA,

as I always thought Baja,,Formula,,Sunsation,,Outerlimits,,Powerquest, Checkmate did not include the swim platform into LOA,,,,

just kidding,,,,,lol
Old 01-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
REALLY????and all this time I thought the law only made Fountain include the molded swim platform into LOA,

as I always thought Baja,,Formula,,Sunsation,,Outerlimits,,Powerquest, Checkmate did not include the swim platform into LOA,,,,

just kidding,,,,,lol
But, the company doesn't have to rebrand the boat as that length. They can keep the old name and just change the title to include the extra length of the swim platform.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Must be cold out, someone asked a simple measurement got a few good answers and 3 pages of crap
Old 01-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Have a 35 EX on a Manning trailer with surge. Will measure tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Watching this thread closely. The O.P. and I have the same issue with size but for different reasons.
If I can sell my current 34 cc I'm after a 35 EX. To ship it overseas on a flat rack for around 10-12k it needs to be under 39'8" (hitch to props/platform). If it goes over that size, the shipping will be roll on/roll off and the cost is more than doubled!

I found out the hard way with my 34 carrying outboards and the very long draw bar on my trailer with electric brakes.

Looking at photos I see it's all in the length of the draw bar. Some of the Myco tandem trailers appear to be much shorter in that area than the aluminium tri axle jobs but I'm only going by photos.

Enjoying the comments, I think some people are jealous of beak owners!!

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 01-10-2015 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Watching this thread closely. The O.P. and I have the same issue with size but for different reasons.
If I can sell my current 34 cc I'm after a 35 EX. To ship it overseas on a flat rack for around 10-12k it needs to be under 39'8" (hitch to props/platform). If it goes over that size, the shipping will be roll on/roll off and the cost is more than doubled!

I found out the hard way with my 34 carrying outboards and the very long draw bar on my trailer with electric brakes.

Looking at photos I see it's all in the length of the draw bar. Some of the Myco tandem trailers appear to be much shorter in that area than the aluminium tri axle jobs but I'm only going by photos.

Enjoying the comments, I think some people are jealous of beak owners!!

RR

In the case of my trailer the winch stand could be moved forward, around a foot or so, to shorten the overall length. Would throw the balance off for trailering but for shipping would be ok, then reset it after.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
But, the company doesn't have to rebrand the boat as that length. They can keep the old name and just change the title to include the extra length of the swim platform.
I think what ICU is saying it's not like fountain is the only one. Look at specs and a lot do it. MTI, OL, Donzi, etc.

I mean I think we really get to hung up on it.

BTW

I can confirm my 32 is 35' with a surge brake myco. Seams a 35 on trailer will be close when counting the room the overhead door takes but if you tuck the drives may fit.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt

just kidding,,,,,lol
Originally Posted by 302Sport
ok,,can you point out one of the company's above that has done that?one that did not include the swim platform into the LOA,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.