Fountain Dash >

Fountain Dash

Notices

Fountain Dash

Old 01-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
Do they do screening also? Any info on what they are charging him for his Fountain?
Not sure what screening is in this context - you mean labeling the switches and/or gauges? If so, yes. They can etch and backlight too - depending on panel space your taste. I think if you go to their facebook page you can get some ideas of their work, as well as the website. Hard to see on my pic - but the toggle switch panel has etched and backlit labels and the Tach/Speedo panel has an etched/backlit logo.

Give them a call and talk to them - they are very friendly and helpful. I think the fountain main panel (gauges and steering wheel cutout) is about $500 (without backlighting but with custom layout). My 3 panels (toggle switches etched and backlit, tach/speedo w/ custom Donzi etched & backlit, and main gauge strip) were less than $500. I sent a template of my panels traced - my friend sent the entire panel.

I think price will be about material choice, and degree of difficulty but they seem very reasonable.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Registered

Here's a couple of closeups that might help
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Dash-d_panel_daylight_2.jpg   Fountain Dash-d_panel_new_cropped.jpg  
Old 01-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by rjstick
Not sure what screening is in this context - you mean labeling the switches and/or gauges? If so, yes. They can etch and backlight too - depending on panel space your taste. I think if you go to their facebook page you can get some ideas of their work, as well as the website. Hard to see on my pic - but the toggle switch panel has etched and backlit labels and the Tach/Speedo panel has an etched/backlit logo.

Give them a call and talk to them - they are very friendly and helpful. I think the fountain main panel (gauges and steering wheel cutout) is about $500 (without backlighting but with custom layout). My 3 panels (toggle switches etched and backlit, tach/speedo w/ custom Donzi etched & backlit, and main gauge strip) were less than $500. I sent a template of my panels traced - my friend sent the entire panel.

I think price will be about material choice, and degree of difficulty but they seem very reasonable.
Yes the "screening" I mentioned referred to the labeling of everything like the OE panel. That does sound reasonable and I like reasonable!! Lol I'm calling Livorsi first since they have the layouts already but they are next on my list if I don't like what they $ay. Thanks for the info! That backlighting is SWEET!
Old 01-23-2015, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Pic of current dash
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Dash-image.jpg  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:18 PM
Registered

Slowride that looks taller than mine and may have a "cutout" from the right upper corner so it wouldn't work. Why replace it?! It looks nice!!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Still have not pulled the trigger yet. Boat is currently getting a complete paint job, top and sides. Not sure yet if I will change the dash to put some more color on the interior too. Should have the boat back in 2-3 weeks, hopefully.

I also may try to fit a smaller 7xx Garmin where the original speedo is if I put a new panel in. That would be another reason.

Ben
Old 01-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Who's painting it? Any pics
Old 01-23-2015, 11:18 PM
Registered

^^ I think that is a good reason. All the cool kids have those in their dash I've been noticing. What would worry me about making a dash with one of those in it is that when it was time to upgrade (as technology always does) or if it broke years later would you be able to find another one of the same size to fit the hole or would you need to have another dash made to fit what ever was next? I don't know enough about those to know if they are standardized sizes. But it would be an even better reason to cut the hole larger and get a bigger one! I like your dash I think crazy designs and paint schemes on them is very distracting from the overall style and function if that makes sense.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
Yes the "screening" I mentioned referred to the labeling of everything like the OE panel. That does sound reasonable and I like reasonable!! Lol I'm calling Livorsi first since they have the layouts already but they are next on my list if I don't like what they $ay. Thanks for the info! That backlighting is SWEET!

I think Livorsi actually gets the panels from Innotech.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
I think Livorsi actually gets the panels from Innotech.
Oh brother and I thought I was on to something... Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.