Fountain Factory

Notices

Fountain Factory

Old 03-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain Factory

I didn't see any threads related to this on the first several pages so I started this just to let anyone that may be interested my experience. I was heading up the east coast today and stopped at the Fountain factory.

The people there were nice and helpful. I let them know that I wasn't in the market, but just wanted a quick tour. I did know that Fountains and Bajas were made there. I did not know that Prolines and Donzis are also made there. I'm sure the offshore boat building business (all businesses) has had a tough time in recent years, but it was sad to see such a huge facility only working a fraction of the capacity. The place was the size of a mall!

The other disappointing thing was the production line. Saw just a few Donzis (a couple of 22s and some center consoles), a couple of smaller Bajas (like Islanders), and no Fountains. 90% of the line was Prolines. I guess the offshore products are becoming dinosaurs. Being old school, I was sad to see that.

I didn't post this to bash Fountain, or any brand. The people there were kind and professional, and were nice enough to show me around, so hats off to them. I just hope that the offshore scene can pick up from the slump it's been in the last few years. I certainly don't plan to give up my offshore boat anytime soon. Maybe this rant is just me and my winter non-boating Blues....
Old 03-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

It's nice to hear that something is being built there. I'm surprised to hear about the Donzis. Not surprised to hear about ProLine.

Hopefully it will get better yearly and they can turn it into something stable.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

I actually had a really positive experience there as well last year. I had some trouble having skins I bought from them installed locally, and they bent over backwards on a Friday to serve me. Guy came in early, had the upholstery guy do my stuff while I waited, and gave me a tour in the mean time. Johnny Walker tagged along and was cool as could be. I was really surprised by the hospitality, not everything you read negative on these forums is true. And much like your experience, it's Baja and Pro-line that were keeping the lights on when I was there as well.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Unfortunately, I don't see the Fountain line of sport boats making a comeback unless they're associated with Reggie Fountain and his sons. End all the lawsuits, give Reggie a piece of the action and let him do what he does best..promote, design and sell Fountain powerboats!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
Unfortunately, I don't see the Fountain line of sport boats making a comeback unless they're associated with Reggie Fountain and his sons. End all the lawsuits, give Reggie a piece of the action and let him do what he does best..promote, design and sell Fountain powerboats!
Lawsuits are ended. There was a recent story about that.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Reggie is old and retired. He left a lasting mark on performance boats for sure.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Reggie is old and retired. He left a lasting mark on performance boats for sure.
I think what aged Reggie the most was having his factory taken away from him..Put him back at the reigns along with Reggie III and Wyatt and watch Fountain Boats get revitalized!! There are many die hard Fountain fans who will only buy Fountains again with Reggie being involved..
Old 03-07-2015, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
I think what aged Reggie the most was having his factory taken away from him..Put him back at the reigns along with Reggie III and Wyatt and watch Fountain Boats get revitalized!! There are many die hard Fountain fans who will only buy Fountains again with Reggie being involved..
I realize that but does Reggie really want to go back into business and try to build a company back up at his age? Why do people still buy Donzis, Formulas and Cigarettes with Don Aronow gone? Why does Outerlimits appear to be doing OK after the loss of Mike Fiore? I don't have those answers. I think that the economy needs to improve and that Donzi and Fountain need to be bought out by people set on reviving them. To lose either brand would be a great loss.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I realize that but does Reggie really want to go back into business and try to build a company back up at his age? Why do people still buy Donzis, Formulas and Cigarettes with Don Aronow gone? Why does Outerlimits appear to be doing OK after the loss of Mike Fiore? I don't have those answers. I think that the economy needs to improve and that Donzi and Fountain need to be bought out by people set on reviving them. To lose either brand would be a great loss.
I think that Reggie would love to be involved. He had a big ego and loved promoting his brand. With two adult children that are very involved in the high performance boating world, what better way to pass on your legacy than having your children carry on the tradition. Cigarettes are selling due to Skip Braver's smart eye on the economy and what people are leaning towards; big center consoles with outboards. Formula has been in the hands of the Porters for so many years after Don Aronows departure and they build a broad spectrum of cruisers to compliment the Fastechs. Outerlimits has Mike Fiore's father at the helm to keep it in the family plus Paul Fiore has a tremendous amount of knowledge and history from owning Hustler Powerboats. I truely believe that existing Fountain owners would buy new Fountains if Reggie was back at the factory. The factory really has nothing to lose and can only gain in a positive way with Reggie's assistance and promotion....
Old 03-11-2015, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard the issue there was that Reggie got over on mercury in a big way and they want nothing to do with him...so thats a big deal with your main source of power not there...not sure on the total story...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.