Stereo Upgrade >

Stereo Upgrade

Notices

Stereo Upgrade

Old 03-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Upgrade

I have a 99 32' Fever, where did you all run the wires for the amps from the batteries and where did you put the amps?
Old 03-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my 32 and 42, the Amps went under the galley area.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mounted on mounts and slip up inside the rear seat back for a hidden out of sight install. Wasn't the easiest to make, but I liked that they could never be seen if you didn't know they were there.
Attached Thumbnails Stereo Upgrade-p1010026.jpg   Stereo Upgrade-p1010024.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

My 32 came with two amps which are mounted under rear seat but on the "wall" where the subs protrude. They cannot be seen either but if you want more than two subs I would do what US1 has done. I think I like that better also after seeing it anyways since it gets them up higher and out of the way of things you would throw in that compartment...
Old 03-26-2015, 08:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I mounted my amps on a piece of starboard that I fastened to the galley cabinet wall, but I have a 47 and the galley is pretty big. As for battery cables, I added a house battery and ran 1/0 cable from the engine bay to the cabin through one of the gunwale chases that lead up to the cabin. I used a 100A circuit breaker near the battery and a fused distribution block near the amps (shown in picture below). Also, added an automatic charging relay to allow the engine to charge the house battery as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539030[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Stereo Upgrade-photo-138.jpg   Stereo Upgrade-photo-138.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 11:01 PM
Registered

US1 have you had and problem with them getting warm or wet? I'd like to put them in the cabin but thats a lot of extra wiring running all over the boat.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:08 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No. If they get wet there, you have more issues to worry about, like finding your life jacket. Not sure if pics show area very clear, those pics are taken looking upwards, up inside the void behind rear seat back above battery switches. As mentioned previously, out of way from anything stored under rear seat. I never had a problem with heat as that area is fully open on ends to the gunnels. The amps are mounted on plates that I lift up inside that space and they hook on top on brackets I installed up high. Then 2 screws at bottom hold them in place. Like I said, it took a lot of time to make. Had to undue the trim pump mounting plate in bilge to bolt the upper brackets in. . But once it was done, a few seconds and I could remove both amps. Mounted in cabin would be the simplest and fastest. I did have them inside the sink base at first where the factory amp was, but had to run a fan to keep them from overheating. They were moved to the rear when I installed the AC

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-27-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

As far as them getting "wet" I would agree with US1. There will be "moisture" in there if you throw your fenders, ropes and anchor etc. in there like I do. Only reason I know it is an issue is that the amps that came with my boat are not "marine" grade and the paint on the end caps of the amps is starting to peel from it. Granted they are they are non marine old school amps and most likely 20 or so years old but they still work great and it's just cosmetic damage. In another thread I created I had an issue with the breaker panel and some of the breakers in that area being corroded and rusty also. I think my issue with the moisture was due to the previous owners laziness in not removing wet items from the compartment and not leaving the seat propped up to dry out the storage area underneath as I do now. If you mount amps anywhere in that area and aren't lazy and clean out your wet stuff you should be ok if you decide to go that route.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:04 AM
Registered

I set up my amp inside

Old 05-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Registered

Sorry for the hijack, but Quebec, what is that in the cooler area? After market electric fridge? I tried blowing the picture up, but got blurry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.