Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
what is the best prop for a 35 fountain with 525's >

what is the best prop for a 35 fountain with 525's

Notices

what is the best prop for a 35 fountain with 525's

Old 07-15-2015, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi John didn't you own a Nordic Thor I was the guy that was going to trade you my 598 for you 525. I'm looking at a 2004 35 with 525 in it but I think the transom may be wet do the fountains have water problems
Old 07-15-2015, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dennis, I bought my boat last year that was a dealer demo with 25 hours. I noticed I was getting a little water in the bilge after every ride. It's was enough for the pump to go on. I checked everything and found out the drain plug housing wasn't sealed properly. The guy who works on my boat who managed the fiberglass area of a boating manufacturer said it's not uncommon for lots of manufacturers not to have it sealed properly. He verified that was the case on my boat and haven't had a drop of water sense. I have no idea how much water one would need to to cause a wet transom from that, but I would guess long term it can't be good. I've not heard of Fountain transom getting wet, but maybe others have.