Depth Finder >

Depth Finder

Notices

Depth Finder

Old 06-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depth Finder

I've got a 99 fever with what i believe to be a original livorsi depth finder and shoot thru transducer that doesn't ever work. Originally it wasn't glued down, per livorsi instructions we placed it in a bucket of water and it did read on the gauge, so it was reinstalled with a 2 part epoxy under the step going to the cabin but never gives a reading the gauge is always blank. Any suggestions?
Old 07-24-2015, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same issue with my 03 27 after trial and error here is what I did and it worked. remover the transducer from its original location prior to the step cleaned and sanded hull, built and a fixture with plastic and butyl so that the transducer will set level, filled that fixture with the two part epoxy without the transducer ensuring that the epoxy would not leak around that fixture and there was no bubbles, waited for that to dry then installed the transducer with two part epoxy making sure that the transducer was partially encapsulated with the epoxy. it work perfect now even at speed. believe me I tried lots of methods called livorsi spoke to the transducer manufacture and finally got it to work. good luck
Old 07-25-2015, 06:15 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Can you post a pic??
Old 07-25-2015, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm having a similar problem. 2005 35 Lightning w Livorsi Depth finder, apparent inconsistent shallow water reading. When coming into a sand bar to beach, the gauge read 6', then 8.5'. Bottom looked too close so I got out and found only 5' of depth. Is this a common problem with Fountain transducer installs?
Old 08-04-2015, 05:26 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry havent been to the lake lately to take pics but i will send one
Old 08-04-2015, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Is the hull cored where you installed the transducer? If so that is the problem.

Padraig
Old 08-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Registered

Padraig I believe they are. This year mine was not reading accurately. The transducer came loose and had it sealed back in place. It reads almost spot on now.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Feverz29
Padraig I believe they are. This year mine was not reading accurately. The transducer came loose and had it sealed back in place. It reads almost spot on now.
I am guessing it is not cored or at least in that location. Usually it will not read for sh*t through the coring. If it is cored, a hole is cut (hole saw) through the inner fiberglass and coring. The plug of coring and glass is removed, the sides of the coring and bottom is liberally coated with epoxy and the transducer glued to the bottom. I had to do this to my 1998 Velocity and I seem to remember that older Fountains were also cored. Maybe the area under the step is not cored????

Padraig
Old 08-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
I am guessing it is not cored or at least in that location. Usually it will not read for sh*t through the coring. If it is cored, a hole is cut (hole saw) through the inner fiberglass and coring. The plug of coring and glass is removed, the sides of the coring and bottom is liberally coated with epoxy and the transducer glued to the bottom. I had to do this to my 1998 Velocity and I seem to remember that older Fountains were also cored. Maybe the area under the step is not cored????

Padraig
This must be the reason my new depth gauge does not register (95 Fever). I glued it right next to the old one but no bueno. Has anyone had any luck "chiseling" out the old ones in this situation leaving the existing little tube they filled in intact and replacing them?

Old 08-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Registered

Padraig I misinterpreted what he meant by cored. I was thinking of the hull construction, wood and fiberglass vs composite. Mine is through the hull right behind my step in the hull. Where my transducer sits, they left a small spot where they didn't glass over it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.