New 29 Fever. Back in production. >

New 29 Fever. Back in production.

Notices

New 29 Fever. Back in production.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts
Default New 29 Fever. Back in production.

Just looking at the Fountain website and on their homepage they have announced a "re-launch" of the 29 Fever.
Planned release at the Fort Lauderdale boat show and predicting 70-75 mph with a single engine. (Sounds realistic to me)

http://fountainpowerboats.com

I think that's great news, with the high performance boat market under pressure with ever increasing costs making many boats unaffordable to the average guy, this is a step in the right direction. Hopefully they can price it sensibly as an entry level into the sports/hi performance segment with a well respected brand.

Lots of competition for boats of this size, another one on the market can only make it more competitive and more popular!

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 07-17-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Spellnig
Old 07-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But is it still a fountain? I see they merged with another company.

What has been going on with these guys
http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/comp...reggie-is-back
Old 07-17-2015, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/r3custommarine
Old 07-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Just looking at the Fountain website and on their homepage they have announced a "re-launch" of the 29 Fever.
Planned release at the Fort Lauderdale boat show and predicting 70-75 mph with a single engine. (Sounds realistic to me)

http://fountainpowerboats.com

I think that's great news, with the high performance boat market under pressure with ever increasing costs making many boats unaffordable to the average guy, this is a step in the right direction. Hopefully they can price it sensibly as an entry level into the sports/hi performance segment with a well respected brand.

Lots of competition for boats of this size, another one on the market can only make it more competitive and more popular!

RR
In my area people have no problem plopping down over 100k (wow!) for new wakeboard boats so I think if everyone knew there were affordable options for this type of boat they would be much more popular. I know we get a lot of compliments on ours here as there aren't that many, so there is a definite interest I truly believe. I think most people think they are much more expensive then they actually are.

I also see they are "redesigning" the cabin and cockpit in that 29. I'm curious what that will look like? One of the draws to my boat for me was the cabin and cockpit areas I really liked the design over a lot of others in its class and our price range we had. Hopefully this offering will kick start the brand so they can offer more new models.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess the MSRP will be $250k+. In 2008 they were $190k with a 525. I would think the 70-75 mph would be the 520, maybe the 565. It's my understanding the 525 was understated and more like 570 hp and they ran slightly faster than that. It's just tough to sell a boat at that price point when you can buy a late model that is bigger and with twins that have low hours. Not just a bit bigger, but a 38'-42'. Times are still tough for most Americans which makes this price point a tough sell unless someone has to have a new boat. I wish them the best because I want them to succeed.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

I didn't realize they were that much! Ouch!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

190 k in 2008? That's more than I would have guessed. Hopefully they've streamlined something along the way to keep the price down. As Fever29 said, buy a couple of years old and you can get quite a bit bigger with twins. Have to wait and see..........

If it all goes well, Id like to see a return of the Executioner in a 35. Only my personal opinion but I always thought it looked nicer than the Lightning, significantly lighter and cheaper too.

RR
Old 07-17-2015, 08:22 PM
Registered

Granted that's MSRP. I priced out a 2015 38' Lightening with 700's earlier this year when Fountain was offering a $100k off when you bought factory direct. There was no wiggle room after the $100k. That being said, it listed for $650k before the so called discount. I was stunned to say the least. At over $500k you could have your pick of 95+% of the boats listed on this site. Besides the economy, I think the price of new boats is the biggest reason most manufacturers are gone or on hard times.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Registered

This isn't a apples to apples comparison, but I watched a PBN video earlier on the DCB 29' with a 565. They mentioned upper $200k into the 3's. I mention it only to show how expensive new boats are.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I'd buy an o/l 29 for 190-200 long before a fountain of the same size and price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.