Old 10-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol sorry man not trying to hi-jack your post! Ok thanks
Good luck with everything
Old 10-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spring of 2014... I lost most of the boating season. The engines never had more then 55psi oil pressure. (he blamed my gauges) the engines both have 75psi oil pressure AFTER Pfaff rebuilt them. I have a bunch of burnt pistons if your interested!!!
Old 09-23-2016, 10:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

UPDATE: Gave the motor to Tim Dorr, Dorr's Marine, Windham Maine. He had it the better part of last winter, but we had time. He did a fantastic job! Thanks Tim Big Props. We didn'nt keep much aside from the block, if it could be replaced it was. The engine has run perfect all summer. Tim is great to work with and always a phone call away. He has all kinds of boats in the yard, $200,000 plus cats down to my 29. He treats them all as if they were his. Thanks again Tim.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could be wrong but that looks like what happened to me . Did you have a valve seat come out ? I would recomend finding a set of heads that have never been in saltwater. The salt around in their corodes by the seat. Also maybe your headers let some water in there from the sound of it . Go with a new high volume oil pump
Old 09-25-2016, 12:34 PM
Registered

I like Gordy and Joe at Pfaff Engines. Call them and tell them Bobby T. sent you.
I wouldn't take my lawnmower to ATTCO Bill Larson is full of BS. And he will hide behind his wife when you have a problem. AND YOU WILL
Old 09-26-2016, 06:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by janniboy
Progress report. Currently Bill said both of my 500 efi headers failed. So i am waiting for him to order a new set from CMI. He has had them since early August so progress at the shop seems to take some time. Sometime in September I came to the realization that my motor would NOT be finished this season. Instead my builder, Tim Dorr, will take his time and shelve it. Told him we can do a test ride in early May. So now I am in search of a new alternator, newer (slightly used) intake manifold, water pump, and anything else that might decide to **** the bed next July. In the mean time I have painted up the bilge, added 2 JL subs, under the rear seat, 2 Fosgate amps, changed all the speakers, added 2 more under the front seats, changed the head unit to have blue tooth and a remote, steam cleaned the carpet, Buffed the Gel coat twice, changed the bellows, all three bilge pumps. I am looking into adding a second house battery with the BLUE SEA switch. I really want to paint the dash panel, but that looks like a lot of work pulling off all the gauges so probably not. It is getting cold around here and my boat doesn't fit into the garage....
Twin69, When its back in the boat, I will tell you what a rebuilt 500 EFI, top and bottom with some extra parts goes for. I guess I'll know in May. It ain't cheap, but it's about half as much as a Twin, so I got that going for me.
I will tell you what it costs. I just had 2 - 500 EFIs rebuilt and ran this weekend for the first time. The receipts don't show a new head, labor and misc. parts. $13.000 total[ATTACH=CONFIG]559734[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails help finding a rebuilt mercury 500 EFI for a fountain-20160926_071458.jpg  
Old 09-27-2016, 04:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Can you PM me with total cost incl. labor if you dont mind. It seems everyone including you says who you went to is great and I am looking for same service
Old 09-27-2016, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gordy a pfaff. Is stellar. Joe rigged my 750s. Gordy built them. Complete drop ins. Mark from Mer. Putting new Daytona boxes and distributers in since my 40 hr msd look like twenty year old salt water chit. Noticed distributers were rubbing on the block. Joe should have caught that. Busted a valve spring in less than ten hrs. Pfaff took care of no questions. Although I had to pay engine removal and shipping. Kinda of disappointed in that. But they did honor the rework. I'd buy again. From pfaff in a second. Two complete engines built and to my door in three weeks ������
Old 09-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Tim Dorr did some 468's for a top gun that biggus owned, a leaking header took one out 2 seasons ago. Upon tear down I found nothing but great work and attention to detail in the initial build. If it weren't for the bad header I'd say the motor had 150 or so hours left in it