Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
42 fountain performance? >

42 fountain performance?

Notices

42 fountain performance?

Old 02-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drop it in as is first see what you get. That boat will be fastest with 3 Blade Mirage prop in stock forum. It will plane easily and slice through chop and boat wake like butter. If you want speed get a 2005 and newer 38 Lightning
Old 02-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I just had the boat converted from trips to staggered twins....new blank uncut transom....new stringers. So there is no x to start with.

Reggie lll suggested 1 inch under with 5 blade maximus. I'm fine with that. I'm running transom mounted pickups.

Just looking for info / results on what my plans are.

Buying a new boat is out right now. I was shopping for a turn key boat when I got this one.

O5+ 38 lightning = 100gs +

1993 42 executioner with staggered bravos and new 575 hp 509s...30gs on the water with brand new trailer.
....no payment. So I'll stick with what I have for now.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Max, if you want to get the most out of your straight bottom staggered boat you will need to run standoff boxes to move the drives further aft for more leverage to lift the boat and get clean waterflow. The staggered configuration allows for a lower center of gravity and brings the drives closer together for a more uniform thrust (remember when you re-rigged you Checkmate to 18" centers?). The other reason I bring up the standoff boxes is due to the CG (center of gravity) balance. When you have one motor moved far forward in the hull you CG moves forward which means you will need more lift. Setting the drives on standoff boxes will help give you the lift to counter the forward weight of the staggered setup..
Old 02-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks bro!

How you been Steve ???

I'd like to have boxes...but dayum....they high as hell lol