Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Anyone ever use the AC Delco fuel filter on the 500efi instead of Mercruiser filter? >

Anyone ever use the AC Delco fuel filter on the 500efi instead of Mercruiser filter?

Notices

Anyone ever use the AC Delco fuel filter on the 500efi instead of Mercruiser filter?

Old 06-22-2016, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced my fuel filter on my Fountain 29' 500efi and can't get the Mercruiser filter to seal. I read a post about using the Delco brand filter instead but the connection on the AC Delco is a little bit different. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and how they resolved it or if they've had success with an AC Delco filter. Thanks
Old 06-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RuninaFever
I replaced my fuel filter on my Fountain 29' 500efi and can't get the Mercruiser filter to seal. I read a post about using the Delco brand filter instead but the connection on the AC Delco is a little bit different. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and how they resolved it or if they've had success with an AC Delco filter. Thanks
Actually it's a quicksilver filter which everyone swears quicksilver is mercruiser but I'm not sure I believe that.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:26 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,133 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Yes, Quicksilver is Mercury.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:28 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Yes, Quicksilver is Mercury.
Correct! Mercury branded products are sold only through Mercury dealer network, while Quicksilver branded products are available both within and outside of Mercury dealer network. Some cosmetic and packaging variations, but ultimately the same interchangeable high quality products.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

I would highly recommend the Napa/Wix Racing filter for that application. Or at least the Wix Gold.