Stern light >

Stern light

Notices

Stern light

Old 07-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stern light

So I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'm looking for info on the stern light on a 1998 fountain fever. It has a 3-pin perko base but the light I have is a 2-pin plug-in mount pole light. I'm also aware that it has two hot leads and a ground which are for the nav lights and then the anchor light. What pole light do I need to get the stern light to work? All I'm finding are 2-pin pole lights. Does anyone have a specific part number or link to the 3-pin pole light?
Old 07-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Registered

Better to just change out the entire unit. Went thru this on my 10 meter a bunch of years ago. New base and pole light,
Old 07-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I rewired my socket to match up to an LED all around stern light.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies guys. After much searching and many phone calls and checking out some Fountains that were for sale in the area I found a light that will fit and is fully functional. Perko makes one that is a plug-in pole light, has 3-pin base and is about 33" so it can be seen all the way around easily. It is a split light (has two bulbs) so it utilizes both the hot from the nav light switch and the hot from the anchor light switch and the ground. In case anyone is ever stuck looking for the part number it is 1125DP4CHR and made by perko.