Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Windshield gaskets >

Windshield gaskets

Notices

Windshield gaskets

Old 07-26-2016, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I work at a manufacture of this type of product. We have an entire profile extrusion plant. For the money they are asking, I can almost make the die and extrude it myself. Send me a picture of the profile and I will see if we have something close (maybe perfect) I need the view of the end, not from the side. Like if you were looking through a pvc pipe. My email is below.

[email protected]
The following users liked this post:
JeBlanken (08-05-2021)
Old 07-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

This is good info Joe. Unfortunately, my windshield is assembled, so I can't see the profile of the w/s. I posted on another thread about a guy who was cutting his down - asked him to take a profile pic, but I don't think he ever did.

If we could get a profile pic, I'm sure we could source this very easily. You've got a Fountain - wanna take one for the team??? LOL!

Originally Posted by joew.
I work at a manufacture of this type of product. We have an entire profile extrusion plant. For the money they are asking, I can almost make the die and extrude it myself. Send me a picture of the profile and I will see if we have something close (maybe perfect) I need the view of the end, not from the side. Like if you were looking through a pvc pipe. My email is below.

[email protected]
Old 07-26-2016, 02:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
This is good info Joe. Unfortunately, my windshield is assembled, so I can't see the profile of the w/s. I posted on another thread about a guy who was cutting his down - asked him to take a profile pic, but I don't think he ever did.

If we could get a profile pic, I'm sure we could source this very easily. You've got a Fountain - wanna take one for the team??? LOL!
I have an 05 EX with a race farring. No windshields for me
Old 07-26-2016, 02:41 PM
Registered

I have thought about calling on the boat companies to get this type of business. Probably isn't the type of business I'd usually chase, but the meetings would be cool. I could make some custom colored rub rails, and all kinds of cool chit.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Dam!
I have an 05 EX with a race farring. No windshields for me
Old 07-26-2016, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Great conversation here. Has anyone ever priced a short windshield from Fountain?
Old 07-27-2016, 06:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Great conversation here. Has anyone ever priced a short windshield from Fountain?
I have not. Have tried to purchase a couple other items and had difficulty getting a call back. It was always easier to find a different source.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just happen to have a couple profile shots of the rubbers. U shaped one is the rubber the lexan sits in. The other one is an outside "cap" piece that fills a groove.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:44 AM
Registered

[email protected]
Joe Thanks..I have pictures of the profiles ends and dimensions of the tracks. Will send them to you.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Yes, we have. .....$7,000.- and the info was conflicting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.