Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
35 Fountain Lighting 2006 or 2007 with new interior? >

35 Fountain Lighting 2006 or 2007 with new interior?

Notices

35 Fountain Lighting 2006 or 2007 with new interior?

Old 09-18-2016, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35 Fountain Lighting 2006 or 2007 with new interior?

I am looking to upgrade from my 29 to a 35 lighting. Unfortunately I have not been in a early 2000 35 or the new redesigned interior 35.

Couple questions I know the new 35 is faster and staggered. However one of the reason i am upgraded is to get more room and the older ones look like they have that? Does the staggered have as much room as my 29 in the cockpit and does the staggered have as much room in the caddy as the older 35 buddy layout?

We do like to stay overnight on the lake so the room is most important. I

Thanks
Old 09-19-2016, 12:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have a new style 35 Lightning and the v berth is def smaller than the old style cabins. It's plenty spacious for one adult but two are tight in my opinion. The new cabins look awesome but the wrap around design eats up a lot of space and overall it's not very functional as cabin storage is really limited. With fully staggered engines the cockpit is snug but not as bad as some make it out be. I've heard guys say it's a 2 seat boat - it's not but if you regularly take 5 people with you will feel sorta cramped.

Wife and I (and our son) hotel it every poker run/ boat trip we go on because it would never comfortable enough staying on the boat. I bought me a new style staggered 35 Lightning simply for the gorgeous look of the cabin, the updated cockpit seating and the KICK ASS performance. With 525's it is a legit triple digit boat and with tight, quick handling.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I've got an '02 35 Lightning for sale. Cockpit is quite large due to side by side engine configuration - certainly more than a 29'. Where are you located? Be happy to show it to you or provide more pictures to show size/details.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...co-o67015.html

Originally Posted by marcusnapier
I am looking to upgrade from my 29 to a 35 lighting. Unfortunately I have not been in a early 2000 35 or the new redesigned interior 35.

Couple questions I know the new 35 is faster and staggered. However one of the reason i am upgraded is to get more room and the older ones look like they have that? Does the staggered have as much room as my 29 in the cockpit and does the staggered have as much room in the caddy as the older 35 buddy layout?

We do like to stay overnight on the lake so the room is most important. I

Thanks
Old 09-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Registered

Thanks for all then info. Quick question on the 07 or newer does the wrap around couch make a bed the v birth looks tiny?

Also Easyrider im located 30 min just north of Cincinnati. Right now im open as im not sure what i would like better until i see them in person. However with yours it has the 575 which is enticing I'm sure it will not run with the staggered but prob get in the 90's? Have you done anything to the drives?
Old 09-19-2016, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Eddie Young had mine at 98mph during ECU tuning. I've had it to 97mph and I got out of it - I'm not quite the driver he is - plus I don't have a need to take it that fast. I'd bet with a better driver, it might crack 100mph - Eddie thought so, but when he was tuning it was December, and he got cold (LOL!).

The drives are DWP XR with Hydromotive nose cones. I don't know that they've ever been apart, and I get no metal on the magnets. I change gear lube every 25 hours.

Your more than welcome to come down and see it. If you're really interested after seeing it, we'll take it out for a ride. I keep it in heated storage close to my house, so if you'd like additional pictures - let me know.

Terry 812.760.5711 (cell)

Thanks for all then info. Quick question on the 07 or newer does the wrap around couch make a bed the v birth looks tiny?

Also Easyrider im located 30 min just north of Cincinnati. Right now im open as im not sure what i would like better until i see them in person. However with yours it has the 575 which is enticing I'm sure it will not run with the staggered but prob get in the 90's? Have you done anything to the drives?
Old 09-19-2016, 11:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yes - the 07+ bed is smaller than the previous years but there is a motorized cushion (center of wrap-around couch) that raises up and down to extend the bed area. I can get you some pics of the cushion in the raised position you want.
Attached Thumbnails 35 Fountain Lighting 2006 or 2007 with new interior?-image.jpeg  
Old 09-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Registered

^^^^yes please
Old 09-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Registered

yes as well, Is there any storage at all in the new 35?
Old 09-21-2016, 11:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

yes as well, Is there any storage at all in the new 35?
Will do. There is some storage under the v berth cushions - a large squarish opening in the center and a pie shaped smaller opening on each side.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559651[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 35 Fountain Lighting 2006 or 2007 with new interior?-image.jpeg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.