Where are all the fountains going >

Where are all the fountains going

Notices

Where are all the fountains going

Old 12-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by HyFive578
New boat prices pulling far away from buying used and redoing / refurbishing. Good, clean used boats are selling much better than they were a few years ago. Agree 100% on Fountain hull but interiors, cockpits and dashboards seriously need updating.

Would you say updated from yours? Do you have the wood accented cabin? What would you change about your cockpit?
Old 12-26-2016, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 832 Likes on 352 Posts

100% agree with the cockpit interior needing updating. The boats look so streamline then the interiors are all blocks. Throttle and shifter location just makes me think of a fishing boat being almost vertical. I understand they're put there from the old racing days but still. The cabin/berth however since redesign in '08 is probably one of my favorites.

I'm sure the center consoles have to do with new go fast boat sales, not to mention what seems like crazy inflation...

And the new one for sale others have referred to looks to me like they're trying to get too much alcantara in the boat which looks like an outerlimits, which makes me think of a strictly poker runner, not a real boat.

The fountains along with cigarette if you ask me are the classic go fast. They'll continue to make awesome boats, just need some tweaking.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IGetWet
100% agree with the cockpit interior needing updating. The boats look so streamline then the interiors are all blocks. Throttle and shifter location just makes me think of a fishing boat being almost vertical. I understand they're put there from the old racing days but still. The cabin/berth however since redesign in '08 is probably one of my favorites.

I'm sure the center consoles have to do with new go fast boat sales, not to mention what seems like crazy inflation...

And the new one for sale others have referred to looks to me like they're trying to get too much alcantara in the boat which looks like an outerlimits, which makes me think of a strictly poker runner, not a real boat.

The fountains along with cigarette if you ask me are the classic go fast. They'll continue to make awesome boats, just need some tweaking.
I ask you the same. What would you change about the 07+ cockpit? I'm just curious. The location of the shift/throttle is loved by many. I prefer it over what my formula had. I keep reading it needs updating and I'm curious what people would do to update it. I understand some would get rid of the analog gauges and do it all with the smart craft type screens. The new 38 has that. Would you change dash shape? Location?
Old 12-26-2016, 06:55 PM
Registered

The giant flat dash panel, gauges behind the steering wheel, and throttles. I personally like to rest my arm on my seat and/or against the padded panel in my Baja and push/pull. Cigarette has had the same hull or I should say the basic lines for years, but they've updated they're interiors and they're very sharp.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:02 PM
Registered

Everyone has their own opinion that's why I asked. Like I said I have a formula and I prefer my left throttles all day long. They will build either way in that aspect. Funny but if you look at cig dash panels the basic layout/design is very similar from about a flat deck until now. They start very flat and angle up. The newer twin step guns have some gauge pod molds but the basic dash is the same. So basically you'd want it to be more like a cig?
Old 12-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Registered

I bring up cigarette because that's the other classic go fast in my eyes. No I do not want them to be more like a cig. For me to get serious about buying a fountain the cockpit would have to match the sleek lines of the hull.

Maybe the very basic lines of a cig dash is the same but they have been modernized a lot, and it matches the rest of the boats lines.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:57 PM
Registered

So your Intl suggestion is update it. I'm curious what people would do.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

I don't see that cig has changed much but it would be interesting to know what changes people would want.

Is it just the dash or do you not like the shape of the 07 seats?

As for throttles,,,,,, I grew up having right hand. Now I don't want anything but left, weird but true.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:22 PM
Registered

Loved the seats and the way the rear seat head rests were molded into the hatches. Seats on that new 38, not so much. Again, this is just the opinion of one guy, one guy that inevitably will be looking for something in the 30-40' range. A 35 lightning has always been on my mind because it is on of the few that size with a staggered setup.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:35 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Wildman_grafix;4513005]I don't see that cig has changed much but it would be interesting to know what changes people would want. /QUOTE]

Big difference if you ask me, same basic lines yes but much more modern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.