freshwater cooling for 2003 27' Fountain >

freshwater cooling for 2003 27' Fountain

Notices

freshwater cooling for 2003 27' Fountain

Old 12-25-2016, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default freshwater cooling for 2003 27' Fountain

Looking at a 27' 2003 27'Fountain for South Puget Sound area and Eastern Wa lakes,etc.Stock 496ho, Is there enough room behind the passenger seat to fit a heat exchanger? Haven't had a chance to measure, but figure you guys would know.
Thanks in advance.
Dickm West Seattle
'
Old 12-25-2016, 10:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

If you can find one with a stock 496ho it will already have a heat exchanger. The 496 is standard with closed cooling.
Happy shopping!

RR
Old 12-26-2016, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

As mentioned a 496 will be freshwater cooled from the factory. If you somehow find a boat that's not its easy to add and can be done in a variety of ways.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
As mentioned a 496 will be freshwater cooled from the factory. If you somehow find a boat that's not its easy to add and can be done in a variety of ways.
Dang, making that boat look even better
Old 12-27-2016, 03:19 PM
Registered

Really appreciate that the 'torture the noob' factor didn't set in. Gives me respect for the board and Fountain owners, which I will be in a couple weeks
Old 12-31-2016, 10:29 AM
Registered

Rak Rua you are a fountain of info and never cease to amaze me .
I am still looking for my right 27' fever and have found two that I am going to look at in the New Year after they get uncovered.
A '98 with a 502MPI and a 2004 with a 496Mag HO. Would they both be stock freshwater cooled. I hadn't thought about that issue
Old 12-31-2016, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by uluru
I am still looking for my right 27' fever and have found two that I am going to look at in the New Year after they get uncovered.
A '98 with a 502MPI and a 2004 with a 496Mag HO. Would they both be stock freshwater cooled. I hadn't thought about that issue
502's are not...
Old 12-31-2016, 11:10 AM
Registered

Nope. Just the 496s were. However if you're in a freshwater area with a freshwater boat it's not that big deal. I'm a saltwater guy and live and. Pat on the Gulf of Mexico. The only real come from neglect.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Question answered above.

Thanks for the kind words, I really don't know much compared to most of the guys on OSO but I've been around boats all my life and I'm always reading and learning. Boating for me is more than just driving a boat. Some people do crosswords or read American Civil War history or follow the Japanese porcelain doll market but I'd rather read a factual boating story any time! There's so much first hand knowledge posted on here everyday it would be a shame not to read it all.

Hope you get the Fountain you're after, they're awesome boats.

RR
Old 01-01-2017, 06:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
Question answered above.

Thanks for the kind words, I really don't know much compared to most of the guys on OSO but I've been around boats all my life and I'm always reading and learning. Boating for me is more than just driving a boat. Some people do crosswords or read American Civil War history or follow the Japanese porcelain doll market but I'd rather read a factual boating story any time! There's so much first hand knowledge posted on here everyday it would be a shame not to read it all.

Hope you get the Fountain you're after, they're awesome boats.

RR
The fun part is deciphering who the hell knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. Lol.