Unforgivably Poor Workmanship on my 38 EC >

Unforgivably Poor Workmanship on my 38 EC

Notices

Unforgivably Poor Workmanship on my 38 EC

Old 01-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
A lot of talk about pipe holes not being sealed, what about the gimble cuts, these sit under water all the time, Id think these would be a big contributor for stringer rot.
Ok just some info this summer a guy brought a 35 into me that he had purchased a year before the last owner painted up the bulkhead wall behind rear seat It was rotted and the entire wall had to be replaced and glassed in properly and gelcoated IT WAS ONLY GELCOATED NO GLASS AT ALL THE ENTIRE WALL GELCOAT OVER PLYWOOD ONLY
Old 01-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
If people were perfect, they would not have to depend on azzhats like you to put food on the table. Everyone makes mistakes . I don't care how much money you spent . If you have a high perf boat with the exhaust close to the water. You should research it. Unless you are just plain a driver only. Ha ha. Then you need a sea ray. Ha ha. There was no intetion act of wrong doing on this guys boat. Do you think fountain wanted it to happen? Take your hate and shove it. Go and ***** somewhere else . This is a happy place and once again . Hate hate hate. I just look at the plus side. That being. Only a few of them had this trouble . My 2000 is still perfect and solid . And if i happen to be only one of the few with a good boat . Well maybe thats cause im just positive. I been ****ed over before. I bicchhed before. But only when i delt with the worker myself at the time . I'm not attacking the brand . Just the worker . But how can i when no bodies perfect. (Unless you had a face to face whith the person that made the mistake. And they just pksin don't give a sh!t. )You are just guessing who screwed up and thats up to you . But we all like our fountains. And I'm sure the are Sorry that something like this happened. So everone check your exhaust pipes. Thats all you needed to say " everone check your exhaust pipes " Fack all of your guys hate
You sir are obviously extremely wealthy or incredibly stupid.

Last edited by Interceptor; 01-10-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Take a list of the likes you got. A cig guy and a couple others that i had not really seen post and a couple that I have seen. Lurkers. More lurkers should speak up. Me being a paint and body guy. I know what its like to build transportation ( if you will)

. Not everyone can police everything in the building. Things happen. I don't expect you to understand how the business works. But people in the business are reading this and laughing. Cause they are in the business. And they see it the way i do. You might not see it like i do. as the people that like what you said. That's ok. If everyone thought Einstein was a genius, he would not have been one.It was only until later that they understood. ( kinda like my x wife lol ) Just because you don't understand a point of view, does not make you an authority. And there is an excuse for a quality issue. How can you believe that there is not an excuse?
Glad you don't build aircraft
Old 01-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

3 years ago i took my 92 35 apart expecting a rotted transom because it always leaked. it is solid everywhere we even drilled holes to make sure. sealed up the rubrail joint at the swim platform and engine room paint and new transom assy its dry as a bone and good for another 25 years
Old 01-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Interceptor
You sir are obviously extremely wealthy or incredibly stupid.
LOL....

Just misunderstood
Old 01-11-2017, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

If the guys knew the place was closing soon I`m sure everyday was a Friday build.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:48 PM
Registered

That is complete bull****.

We pay a premium price for what is expected to be premium workmanship. period.

Demand went up, quality went to the toilet, then Reggie filed to protect his new mansion.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the same experience with my old Formula but since I wasn't the original owner I can't be sure the company caused this issue. Would I buy another yes but only after a surveyor tests for moisture.. Someone else at a marina working on any bolted items could have done a poor job of resealing just a single screw properly. Mine was stringers on one side and the whole transom. Now if you're the original owner and both exhausts were the source ok blame company.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shocked to hear this carder! My wife an I looked at 2 ec's a few years ago a nd we were shocked at the poor fit and finish of both of them. Although both boats had been obviously neglected. I recall talking with you at Boyne thunder a few years back and I remember how clean your ec was, my wife still says, " do you remember how nice the one at Boyne was, why can't they all look that nice".
Old 01-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a list of the likes you got. A cig guy and a couple others that i had not really seen post and a couple that I have seen. Lurkers. More lurkers should speak up. Me being a paint and body guy. I know what its like to build transportation ( if you will)

. Not everyone can police everything in the building. Things happen. I don't expect you to understand how the business works. But people in the business are reading this and laughing. Cause they are in the business. And they see it the way i do. You might not see it like i do. as the people that like what you said. That's ok. If everyone thought Einstein was a genius, he would not have been one.It was only until later that they understood. ( kinda like my x wife lol ) Just because you don't understand a point of view, does not make you an authority. And there is an excuse for a quality issue. How can you believe that there is not an excuse?
I'm in "the buisness" and don't find it funny at all. Shoddy detail call outs from engineering to poor quality control and low employee moral should not be considered the norm. I am well aware of the culture of the boating industry in the past, and that's just that the past. I'm a naval architect in my 20's and two things hold true on any design that I work on regardless of the builder. I expect the builder to read the drawings, and if they think they have a better way of doing things that we talk about it they don't just go and make the change on their own.

Cutting corners and coping out because you are burnt out or don't give a sh*t wont fly with me or any of the other young people I know in the industry just as it doesn't fly in other industries.