Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: new to me 33

Registered
    My Boats:
    33' Fountain, 28' Bertram, 24' Python (gone), 22' Velocity, 20' Sea Ox

new to me 33

Well after much looking and wanting I finally stepped up to a larger boat. My little 22 Velocity is fun but when the water gets a little rough it can be a pain. I came across a deal on Ebay and thought it was too good to be true when I won the bid. I made the 12 hr trip to florida and to my delight the boat was exactly as described and had been taken care of extremely well. Its a 1988 33' fountain that was originally in NY used only on freshwater and the guy redid the interior, stringers, transom, rebuilt and dyno'd the motors to the tune of 590hp. Motors have about 80 hours on them and started as soon as you touched the key and idled as good as you want for supercharged motors and the boat runs mid 80's. The guy I bought it from in Florida had spent a lot of money rebuilding the drives and putting the wrap on the boat. The gel still looks good underneath it but its just the dated 10M graphics. I know there are a lot of fountain haters but I'm pretty happy with the boat and don't really plan to change anything major unless it breaks.
    Brandonb_05 likes this.

VIP Member VIP Member VoodooRob's Avatar
    My Boats:
    07 Fountain 38 Lightning600SCI
    Enjoy your boat, sounds like you found a boat that makes you happy. No reason to worry about what others think.
    Gary P and cabana1 like this.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1993 Baja Shooter,2005 Sunsation 288
    congratulations
    ,enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by cdail28590 View Post
    Well after much looking and wanting I finally stepped up to a larger boat. My little 22 Velocity is fun but when the water gets a little rough it can be a pain. I came across a deal on Ebay and thought it was too good to be true when I

won the bid. I made the 12 hr trip to florida and to my delight the boat was exactly as described and had been taken care of extremely well. Its a 1988 33' fountain that was originally in NY used only on freshwater and the guy redid the interior, stringers, transom, rebuilt and dyno'd the motors to the tune of 590hp. Motors have about 80 hours on them and started as soon as you touched the key and idled as good as you want for supercharged motors and the boat runs mid 80's. The guy I bought it from in Florida had spent a lot of money rebuilding the drives and putting the wrap on the boat. The gel still looks good underneath it but its just the dated 10M graphics. I know there are a lot of fountain haters but I'm pretty happy with the boat and don't really plan to change anything major unless it breaks.

Registered
    My Boats:
    33' Fountain, 28' Bertram, 24' Python (gone), 22' Velocity, 20' Sea Ox
    This a link to the old add on boat trader.com that shows the interior and engines.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...10m-102661405/

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by cdail28590 View Post
    This a link to the old add on boat trader.com that shows the interior and engines.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...10m-102661405/
    The boat looks nice and i like it especially the sliding cabin door

Registered
    My Boats:
    35 Fountain
    Funny how they did a sliding door back then and went away from it. Either way nice boat. Enjoy it.

Platinum Member Platinum Member rak rua's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Fountain - going....going....gone!
    Congrats, nice looking ride.

'Haters' fall in one of two categories, those who are just having fun and those who are seriously jealous. Thankfully, I think 99% of Fountain haters are in the first category.

RR

Registered
    My Boats:
    04 35 lightning, 85 10 Meter Fountain, 14' Smokercraft, STX 15F
    Congrats, nice boat! I owned and loved my 10 meter for just shy of 20 years. Looks like someone took care of it and wasn't afraid to spend some $ to keep it up properly. I still miss the 6' plus couch on the starboard side of the cabin, a lot of nice afternoon naps down there. Good luck aaaaaa7 enjoy!

Platinum Member Platinum Member HyFive578's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2009 47 Fountain Lightning / Triple 525EFI's
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooRob View Post
    Enjoy your boat, sounds like you found a boat that makes you happy. No reason to worry about what others think.
    ^^^^ this. Congrats and enjoy it!

Registered
    My Boats:
    1994 BAJA 260
    You better start using your mouse with the left hand when your in the office. Just to get some practice
    Last edited by Brandonb_05; 02-17-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    flatlanderbill and rak rua like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast